Sign in to follow this  
Manose

Can't Play on Server connected to same Network

The same thing happened in Ark but they fixed it when they allowed you to join a local server by clicking the lan button.

Atlas does not have ability for you to join a game hosted on the same network unless you use a vpn which is nice until you want to stream then things slow down too much.

If anyone has a work around for this please let me know cause as of now I cant play on my own server while my friends have fun.

6 minutes ago, wildbill said:

In these forums there is a guide on how to do it. Look under the guides.

I looked under guides and nothing could it be somewhere else?

2 minutes ago, Manose said:

I looked under guides and nothing could it be somewhere else?

This one I think:

Have you installed a loopback adapter and set it to your external IP address? Try 127.0.0.1 as your homeserver IP address and your external ip as the other grids address. It should resolve once you have the adapter installed. I am able to play on my own server hosted on my machine using this method 🙂

I tried all those and none have worked so it seems that until they put a lan option ingame like they did with Ark then I am not playing with my friends on my server. 

30 minutes ago, Captain Contagious said:

Have you installed a loopback adapter and set it to your external IP address? Try 127.0.0.1 as your homeserver IP address and your external ip as the other grids address. It should resolve once you have the adapter installed. I am able to play on my own server hosted on my machine using this method 🙂

where do I put the local address?