psykikk

PLEASE FIX THE SKILL TREES

Hey Devs,

the trill trees are semi-good.  It´s EA, many Skillsin there are great and it all works.

YET, the way it is layed out and bundled together makles virtually no sense at all. 
I give you the most glaring examples on why it does not work or, needs fixing:

- you need skillpoints to unlock new areas, YET that does not allow you to use what you unlocked. No, you mneed to invest even more skillpoints.
Which is not a bad deal, except when those first new initial skills in the new section cost like 4 or even more skillpoints.

thats basically two levels of progress (assuming you get 3 skillpoints per level) without actual progress!
Please change that. 

the biggest issue though is thet fact that some items and skills are locked in just "wrong" categories, OR simply yield no return of invest at all for even spending skillpoints on them. 

The most glaring example is cooking. 
Cooking yields no return early on. 
if you are living and starting in an area without Maize or wheat, there are simply not enough recipes that are usable.

Plus: for every recipe you need water. How do you get water if the only reliable water source is dug up water from the ground ? since you cannot refill waterskins or else from that,
you are stuck with recipes trhat are just a waste of skillpoints. 
Then there are skills and items which are in cooking, but would much more sense in the sailing / seamanship category.
I mean Preserving bags, larder, etc. ist locked behind farming. 
Farming is a waste of skillpoints as the qield is simply not high enough to make it worthwhile. 
those bags however are the first reliable way to stock up on food to prepare for a long journey. whioch you need to get those precious other resources. 

I would make a "Ship quartermaster" skill section, which allows the natural progression of a ship becoming more and more "self sustainable". put htings like the preserving bags etc, larder, all that helps to stock up etc into this category. 
I would make a "colonization" skill section which allows you to develop your land up to the point where you have a full grown plantation and can even plant new trees and such. 

you can build a barrel and put it on ground, it collect water overtime and you can fill up jars in it

I just want the damn lines to be more clear, its difficult to see which new skill the lines go to half the time.