Sign in to follow this  
Phant0m1011

Player Markets

So i thought maybe a player could purchase a permit from an Npc at a freeport which allows for a player to have a building on a freeport but only for a certain amount of time and then the permit as to be renewed or the building is destroyed. This would allow for players to build markets and allow them to sell items/ resources for gold. Also the introduction to a proficiency system as where a player can craft better quality items the more they craft that certain items which could be beneficial as people would want to purchase their weapons/ Armour rather than craft there own and also gives players a place to go buy the items. It also allows for a new play style a craftier/ profession of life player. It also gives the use for trade/cargo runs to stock up the freeport shops and also allows pirates to raid them for resources.

This is just a quick thought which could gave the game a better community feel and also gives another reason for people to come back to free ports. 

Also give me your thoughts and opinions on how you thinking this could be improved or how player markets should work!

The problem is that they want players exiting freeports ASAP thats why they put the decay on ships. I think it would be nice if you could build a structure on a claim or lawless where it becomes  a NPC trader that buys goods depending on supply and demand. At first you may be able to get gold from local supplies, but then the price of those will drop. Creating incentive for you to go to other islands to get unique goods and trade with another locations npcs on the way. Then your ideas can apply to that in much the same way of them becoming targets of opportunity. 

Well you need to go to freeports inorder to get AI crew so why not have a place where a community can thrive so by allowing players to purchase a permit to build it can also be a home for a player market there too. I understand they want players out of the freeports but then why make it so players have to go there to get AI crew system seems flawed they didn't really think about the game much. Tbf the rest of the map just feels empty and abandoned due to all the rafts and random broken structures so having a place for players to meet up like a tavern would give some life to the game aswell. 

They have photos of players in cities but everywhere is just baron and it feels empty.

In one of the trailer they showed a small trading booth in one of the free port cities so they must have some idea

Edited by Phant0m1011

Renting out the existing buildings to people would be awesome. Have a pretty hefty fee attached to it so that people with legit businesses will be the ones with shops there. Hire employees to even work at them so they are 24 hours.

• Like 1

I really want a way for players to set up market stalls.  Weather it be in a free port, on your own island or on someone's island and you pay a tax. A market stall where you could sell items would be amazing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thana said:

I really want a way for players to set up market stalls.  Weather it be in a free port, on your own island or on someone's island and you pay a tax. A market stall where you could sell items would be amazing!

So very much this!  I want to be able to have NPC merchants in my own town that I have built.  Full functionality to be able to setup prices for individual items that they can sell.

• Like 1

My spin on this is that you could hire/craft a stall, and you would supply it with materials that you gather/craft. Other players would also be able to setup shops where you would then spend the gold that your stall collected from the players that purchased your wares.

My server is already planning on setting up a trading port, but pending a mod or direct implementation of some type of trader/NPC, we will have to work out rules and operate on a code of conduct (not too much of an issue on my server, generally a good bunch for a PvP group :D)

12 hours ago, Dinenon said:

My spin on this is that you could hire/craft a stall, and you would supply it with materials that you gather/craft. Other players would also be able to setup shops where you would then spend the gold that your stall collected from the players that purchased your wares.

My server is already planning on setting up a trading port, but pending a mod or direct implementation of some type of trader/NPC, we will have to work out rules and operate on a code of conduct (not too much of an issue on my server, generally a good bunch for a PvP group :D)

I think your idea would be the best way to do it it. It allows players to sell while offline but it could damage any form of formation of a community

Would it be feasible to make a separate zone within freeport?  Sort of like how the bazaar in EQ worked? Then have players be able to rent space for stalls, then build them and staff them?