dunawayc

Clarification of ports on command line and json file

What is the relationship between the ports specified on the command line vs the ones specified in the ServerGrid.json file?

The command line has QueryPort and Port parameters and in the json file, there is port, gamePort, and seamlessDataPort.  Are these 5 separate ports and all 5 need to be opened in the firewall?  Or do some of these correspond with each other?

Do the ports specified on the command line take precedence over what is in the json file or the other way around?

Each grid has 3 ports for a standard connection (RCON not included)

query port (Port in map editor), game port (Port in command line) & SeamlessDataPort

An example would be:

• Query Port: 57555
  • Game Port: 5755
  • Seamless Port: 27000

All three need to be opened for a proper client connection.

In the command line parameters for this example, QueryPort is 57555 & Port is 5755 (Game port in the map config).

Note that the json file and map editor have the same notation for ports.

Edited by Dinenon

Is there a range limit for the ports?  For instance, if I had a server with querry=54321, game=6789, and seamless=8642.  Would that work?

I’d test myself, but I have enough troubles connecting and syncing as it is to try to deliberately break things to do boundary testing.

if you forward the ports correctly there shouldnt be a problem.. for the seamless port i am not sure

but the ports has to be the same in the Json and the command line. if they dont match you will get trouble

add some space between ports for each grid, eg: use 57500, 5750 adn 27000 for one, adn then 57504, 5754 and 27004 for the next etc...  or any other numbers you like but DO NOT use sequential ports, if you do it will work sometimes and fail other times.  The reason is each server opens multiple ports, so you specify 57500, 5750 etc and it might use 57500. 5750 and 5751 causing your second server that you specified to use 5751 to fail when opening port 5751.  

Long story short, leave some space between ports for each server in the grid.

I have got to be missing something obvious.  I have all the applicable ports forwarded, triple checked that my servers are configured exactly as the maps are.  I also clear Redis every time I edit maps as well. I am able to play on the home grid but just cannot travel past.  I have seamless ports at 27000, 27010, 27020, 27030.

2019-01-13_18-03-45.png.81de96577fb81c50082abd129a4e5aaf.png

Edited by CrimsonFusion

I have the same problem as do many others. Home grid is fine but transferring to other grids fails. Everything is setup correctly, ports are forwarded correctly. I wish the developers would give us a setup tool of some kind so we could be sure the private servers are working correctly.

BTW - This goes for self-hosted servers and I've seen recent posts on G-Portals forums that servers are having the same issues.

try port first server 57560/5760

2. 57575/5775

3.57577/5777

4.57589/5789

Never use consecutive numbers for ports always different

second tipp use several temperature zones otherwise these specify the occurrence of the materials

mfg

Edited by vioskeran