Sign in to follow this  
Carbunkel

No game sharing?

My wife and I got Atlas to try. We play on the console and alternate between sharing the PC. We both were hoping to experience Official when we could, but we can't unless we both buy it. Seems a bit unreasonable considering we can be on at the same time. 

I'm just wondering what's up with that?

1 hour ago, Carbunkel said:

My wife and I got Atlas to try. We play on the console and alternate between sharing the PC. We both were hoping to experience Official when we could, but we can't unless we both buy it. Seems a bit unreasonable considering we can be on at the same time. 

I'm just wondering what's up with that?

Yeah 1 character per server per copy isn't going to change

It's not really up to a game developer to respect your financial constraints to be honest. If they choose to offer sharing that's nice, but it's by no means required.  While it may seem unreasonable to you, others might look at complaining about a second 25 dollar cost to play a game that needs a machine bare minimum 20 to 30 times that cost to run unreasonable. If you can afford the machine to run Atlas, second copy shouldn't break your bank.

Are you asking that they allow you to have more than one character that you can choose from before you join the game?  You are not tasking for 2 players to play at the same time, correct?

If so this is not an uncommon practice in many MMO's that I have seen.  Obviously if you want to both play at the same time you need to purchase another copy of the game. 

Edited by DocHolliday

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Are you asking that they allow you to have more than one character that you can choose from before you join the game?  You are not tasking for 2 players to play at the same time, correct?

If it is indeed this mentioned above, maybe have one of you on EU server and the other on NA server? This would work if sharing a PC.