Sign in to follow this  
embracethebotnet

keep 2.5x resource rates!

Everything about this game revolves around farming for materials. With 2.5x, I actually started having fun developing the land, sailing and searching for more mats.  It no longer felt like a complete grind, and allowed my company and I to start a small village. 

Lets spend more time actually doing things instead of hitting trees and stones.  With the base resource gain, gameplay is about 85% farming.  The 2.5x would allow people to have more fun by not wasting all their time farming materials.  

A permanent resource boost will fill these islands full of player created structures and really flesh out the world. It would also encourage people to explore more, because building ships would be easier. 

At least thats my 2%.  I know after this 2.5x, i have personally lost alot of motivation to build anything else.  No point if its gonna take 2.5x more of my time. 

• Like 2

Yeah, 2.5x felt good and balanced, the only problem that had was having too much stuff from animals, a single wolf could give up to 40 meat, bones and hide. But now..., the food rates from animals maybe gonna be normal..., but not gonna spend few real life days to gather a reasonable amount of fiber or other building materials.

It seems to me they did keep elevated stone/chert/metal, I'm getting 6-7 metal post reduction from a big stone v. 3-4 before boost.