Sign in to follow this  
Redbeard_Barbarossa

Hold Multiple Weapons and Adjust Bases on Lawless

Not sure if it's a talent you need to learn or I'm just bugged but we should be able to hold multiple weapons in the hotbar. Currently I can only hold one. Using a bow for long range and then switching to a melee weapon when the enemy is close is pretty vital. Also the shovel counts as a weapon? Kinda annoying trying to dig for water and getting aggrod by a snake and hope you have stamina to get away because I can't quickly switch to a bow or sword to fight back.

Also the decay for bases on Lawless should be at least cut in half with the reset removed if they log back in. 4 days is crazy. Currently larger clans are spamming Foundations and shipyards everywhere so it's impossible to build even a small shipyard just to leave. I was forced to die and change home servers multiple times just to find a small piece of an open island. At the very least let us build a ship on another shipyard where the owner can destroy it if it's unfinished and we aren't online or in the area anymore.

Sorry for the long rant. Just my suggestions :)

You have different weapon slots on your character. It would have been nice if they had a paper doll or something to represent this. 

Just now, Rogash said:

You have different weapon slots on your character. It would have been nice if they had a paper doll or something to represent this. 

What do you mean? Is there a way you switch weapons easily?

2 minutes ago, Redbeard_Barbarossa said:

What do you mean? Is there a way you switch weapons easily?

No there is not an easy way. The easiest way is to just have different weapon types. If you zoom out on your character you will notice your equipped items are physically on your character. So you could have your gathering tools, dual pistols, a blunderbuss, etc. I don't remember the total but it's a pretty good amount. You may notice it takes a few seconds to be able to use newly equipped items and armor. I can assure you that it's not lag it's just a poorly implemented way of equipping items. 

I like it the way it is. (you can hold up to 3 weaps in the hotbar at the same time now, it just varies on which)

This is a skill-based game, not a tab targeted themepark. You can already switch weapons pretty fast by loading them in your hotbar and pressing 1-7 keys or whatever it is. Once you hit the button some have a delay, but that's to balance the weapon types.  If you're equipping a bow it takes a few seconds to to load the arrow... and when you swap from range to melee, the time varies depending on the size/type of melee weapon. Fists are instant, knucks take 5 seconds, swords 10.

You CAN equip a melee and ranged weapon at the same time, just not two 2-hand weapons. So you can equip a bow and a 1-hand sword, bow and knuckles, rifle and fist, etc.. No, you can't equip both a rifle/bow and a two-hand mace or spear at the same time because they're 2-handed. You can hold 3 sometimes... for example, a 2-hand and 2 one handed, or a bow, throwing knives and a 1-hand melee.

I think once they speed up swings and melee in general it'll be much better, but I don't feel the loading/hotkeys need change.

Z

Edited by Znick

On 1/1/2019 at 10:17 PM, Znick said:

I like it the way it is. (you can hold up to 3 weaps in the hotbar at the same time now, it just varies on which)

This is a skill-based game, not a tab targeted themepark. You can already switch weapons pretty fast by loading them in your hotbar and pressing 1-7 keys or whatever it is. Once you hit the button some have a delay, but that's to balance the weapon types.  If you're equipping a bow it takes a few seconds to to load the arrow... and when you swap from range to melee, the time varies depending on the size/type of melee weapon. Fists are instant, knucks take 5 seconds, swords 10.

You CAN equip a melee and ranged weapon at the same time, just not two 2-hand weapons. So you can equip a bow and a 1-hand sword, bow and knuckles, rifle and fist, etc.. No, you can't equip both a rifle/bow and a two-hand mace or spear at the same time because they're 2-handed. You can hold 3 sometimes... for example, a 2-hand and 2 one handed, or a bow, throwing knives and a 1-hand melee.

I think once they speed up swings and melee in general it'll be much better, but I don't feel the loading/hotkeys need change.

Z

Yeah I understand the delay and not allowing both a bow and a 2H in your hot bar. My suggestion would be that you can. I would be ok with a delay to "equip" when switching but the fact you can't even put both on the bar is annoying to me.

Edited by Redbeard_Barbarossa

The 4 days on lawless does need to be reduced. I think a lot of companies would have taken over lawless had they known. I have built a number of bases of out of stone and even a platform on a cliff on lawless.