Sign in to follow this  
Aquila Ibis

Boat resistance needs a buff Plz

So as I stated in and old thread boat resistance is fucked anyone can kill a boat with metal tools or fire arrows. It literal makes building any boat completely pointless right now when it takes multiple hr for a small group to make even the smallest schoors but 30 mins for 1 person to sink it and this goes to any boat schnoor, brig, galleon. My company wants to enjoy the navel building and ocean combat aspect of this game but when we keep losing boats within sec of making them by fucking randoms using metal tools and fire arrows we don't see a reason to make anymore boats in the game. Hell we even sunk a galleon using metal tools a few days ago when a group attacked our base we were still building. Literal me and 5 people boarded their boat with grappling hooks killed their beds and sank the boat in 30 mins using pickaxes.

So can we plz get a change to how resistance on boats work boat hull's and deck's should only take dmg from cannon fire, explosives, and creatures like cyclops of krakens. But walls, doors, and ceiling in the boats are fine with their current resistance. This will allow people to board and take over a boat if they lack cannons while preventing the stupid shit of someone on a raft sailing by an unmanned boat going next to it and braking off 1 panel with metal tools or fire arrows to completely sink it. This is also the reason why only few groups have massive boats because they can get the resources to make them in less than an hr with their 100+ members but even than it doesn't stop people from sinking the boat with metal tools it just makes it ez for them to mass produce them when they want to. Also don't give me oh you can setup NPC with cannons and guns to def the boat because NPC on cannons aren't going to hit some random guy running around on foot plus it will just result in them shooting your own boats on top of not hitting the guy, and two NPC attack range is terrible and easily killed with a flintlock in a few shots way outside their attack range. So as it is NPC turrets are completely useless in countering this stupid clearly broken tactic that makes building boats completely pointless in PVP servers..

Edited by Aquila Ibis

Yeah, boats are kinda squishy, the "epic" engagments end quickly aswell even without such metal tool abuse. Also nice avatar.

2 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

Yeah, boats are kinda squishy, the "epic" engagments end quickly aswell even without such metal tool abuse. Also nice avatar.

I will never see these epic battles sadly with how fire arrows and metal tools sink any boat my company has made a total of 30 schnoors and 8 brigs all of them lasted about 30-90 mins until a few people came up and sunk them with fire arrows and metal tools before we could ever use them. We're all come to the conclusion to never build a boat every again until this BS is patched if it doesn't get patched soon I'm sure my 100+ company will be leaving this game cause wtf the point of a game that revolves around boats if anyone with a few metal tools and fire arrows can sink them in secs.

8 minutes ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Aye they are a bit low hp as of now

its not the hp they need resistance to hand held weapons picks , axes , bows and arrow ,

fire arrows need to damage to a degree,the boats  are made of wood after all , but it needs to be a faction of the damage they do now  .

11 hours ago, UDO said:

its not the hp they need resistance to hand held weapons picks , axes , bows and arrow ,

fire arrows need to damage to a degree,the boats  are made of wood after all , but it needs to be a faction of the damage they do now  .

I like to say yes to fire arrows doing dmg but the issues is how many resources it needs to make a boat and how long it can take to make one compared to how easy it is to make a full storage box of 2250 fire arrows. An even if the dmg was reduced to 1 dmg per tick which the devs wouldn't do people would still endless spam fire arrows and come back to kill your boat with them (hell just look at rust were pickaxes dmg anything people literal spent 4-10 hr just trying to brake into metal bases with them and even if the owner sees them and kills them they just come back with a new pickaxe because its easy to make), thus even if it dose take 4 hr to kill it people will still do it because 1 it easy to make these tools and two it completely and absolutely impossible to defend against this tactic with turrets and NPCs you would literal need someone in your company standing on your boats 24/7 to stop this BS.

Edited by Aquila Ibis