apachesquirrel

All land masses are too small so there's no adventure when you get there?

After sailing to around 35 islands, I'm starting to wonder where the adventure is?  in ARK, I used to have a real sense of discovery when I eventually tamed something to ride, and set off on a dangerous journey across the land.  

With this, I face minimal peril at sea, and arrive at yet another small island, that is covered in players who have already spawned at the nearest freeport etc.  

I was hoping for some huge land masses mixed in, that needed me to bring mounts, weapons, etc to need to adventure to where my ship couldn't get.  

I LOVE sailing the vast ocean, but I still think there's plenty of room for some decent land mass. Everybody wants to put down roots and not have to live at sea, but its too crowded.

I can only assume the devs meant this to be mainly PVP, and all we would do was battle each other needlessly for land. 

Am I mossing something? or is this anyone elses experience?

• Like 1

No, but this map is not the final map, we might see some big landmasses that cannot be claimed, for people to do bosses/gather resources/pvp etc. 

1 hour ago, apachesquirrel said:

I LOVE sailing the vast ocean, but I still think there's plenty of room for some decent land mass. Everybody wants to put down roots and not have to live at sea, but its too crowded.

I'd actually love to live at sea from my boat but i don't see how am i supposed to do this unless i'm online 24/7

33 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

I'd actually love to live at sea from my boat but i don't see how am i supposed to do this unless i'm online 24/7

same but it wouldnt work unless in pve, but you'd be at risk by sotd. Though the idea is great it would just means the sea becomes clustered, i cant proclaim i know the aim for this game but sure it wasnt so that players would rush all the avaliable land and leave new comers or victims of zerges with no land and force them to join companies or leave