Sign in to follow this  
Tearl

PvE woes

You know, when the SoD thing first happened, we decided not to sail (in this sailing game). So, when the last tweaks came out, we decided to set sail...in a raft, since anything else is just suicide. The decreased spawn rate seemed awesome. Granted, we haven't died from one yet...but having to dodge 7 or 8 ships in one zone seems that the spawn rates are not fixed.

See, sailing (in a sailing game) seems like the most amount of fun to be had. We did try to have some fun on land, of course. But the claim bugs and resource respawn bugs kinda shut that down.

I'd love to destroy these buoys out in the water, but the destroy mechanic is bugged (says demolish allowed, but we can't). And other players are placing overlapping claim flags that encroach on our territory and cause ownership issues.

The animals are fun...when they're not bugged. But they are extremely un-balanced. Never mind the player vs mob un-balance...I saw a level 1 croc kill a level 15 elephant. Yup, that seems pretty stupid. Oh, and fun of taming a parrot...anyone have fun doing that? Try it...loads of fun (sarcasm). And aggro range is insane on a lot of these mobs.

This game has a LOT of potential, but it's just not fun...especially for PvE players. (we chose PvE because we're an older bunch and prefer to avoid the gank-fest of PvP. It's a ligit play-style. Don't bash us)

Grapeshot, please put some time into PvE, specifically:

Claims, Resource respawns and SoD spawns (just greatly reduce flotsam if you're worried about the ease of getting nicer things), and animal behaviors.

thanks,

-T

Feel free to check out our woes on NA PvE, J12, Oxwater Isle (North west side)

• Like 1

Really hope they find good solutions for the claiming of correctly upkept land, SoD (including the griefing possibility by aggroing and hiding behind another company's structure) and the insanely unbalanced carnivore spawn rates/speed.

I'm very confident, they'll fix this eventually, but atm. especially the land claiming bug and the griefing is potentially game brakeing.

I'd settle for a fix for the resource re-spawns,,,at least we'd be able to have some fun building stuff.

My group on PvE finally got the balls to sail out in a ship to hunt SotD and... It's so much fun. Be prepared to lose the ship when you go out and pick your battles carefully and it's extremely enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Tearl said:

I'd settle for a fix for the resource re-spawns,,,at least we'd be able to have some fun building stuff.

I suspect your resources aren’t respawning because you’ve built a ton of resource denying buildings all over the place.

We’ve had elevators, lighthouses, buoys, etc. place massive resource denying radiuses.  The moment the people demolish them, everything starts respawning again.

@SecluseWe haven't. But there are buoys out in the water near us. They are not ours and we cannot get rid of them. We suspect these are the issue...but have to wait until they are ok to demolish (again...since last time they were able to demolish, we couldn't)

I wish we could get an admin to come in and get rid of them. They are on our claim...bugged somehow.

There are no lighthouses on our island.

Edited by Tearl