darcek

First crewmember

So I got my first crew member!

However it only let me tell her to control the wheel,while I want her to man the sail.how to command to use the sail or only available with captain skills? 

Get her to follow you to the front of the ship, then the option should come up.  I have the same issue sometimes

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darcek said:

So I got my first crew member!

However it only let me tell her to control the wheel,while I want her to man the sail.how to command to use the sail or only available with captain skills? 

Where do you get your crew from?

There are a couple items in the Captain's tree tha thelp.  One is a larder, that also preserves your food, that keeps them food.  The other is a storage chest thingy, and if you put your gold in there, they'll keep paying themselves as needed.  But yes, you need to pay them when you are offline.

Also, you can man them to things like sails or steering wheels.  When you are anchored, if you "Unseat" them, they'll start sweeping and repairing your ship if there are repair materials in the storage chest

just be damned careful with anchor + npc with aggro around, they will go after them like mad sadly 😞 , testing having one standing our base to see if the wildlife goes aggro and break down walls and such

Yep.  I had one on my boat, anchored at the end of my shipyard, and most wolves would aggro her.  One wolf (swimming in the water) ended up killing her while she was on the ship