Sign in to follow this  
Sulfurblade

SoTD Will now ATTACK RAFTS!!!

Dev's what are you thinking???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dude, when it comes to the SotD, it's like the devs just lost all of their brain cells, developed a hate boner for their community, and got the biggest urge to sink their game all at once.

Releasing such a gameplay effecting aspect without even the THOUGHT of balancing is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever experienced. In a few days, the playerbase has already come up with infinitely better ways to use SotD. Someone suggested they should only spawn in Golden Ruin servers and near sunken ships. Easily avoidable and when people do want to fight them, they know exactly where to go. Also, other groups that want to go after treasure will also have to battle for the SotD spoils, creating some epic wars. For the rest of the Atlas? They will have that wonderful experience of setting sail on their new boat to explore new islands without worry of going through a grid and getting targeted by fucking NPC ships in a PvP server.

They should be removed COMPLETELY until they are properly balance and their spawn rates are polished, but this? This ain't it, chief.

• Like 2

you have to get really close to them with a raft, so kinda your fault if you are that close to gettign attacked, their spawn rate has been signigigantly reduced, however untill they wipe them, whats already spawned is spawned. jus tdotn sail near them. hell, i use a sloop and out run them to get places, not that hard

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Kinda your fault? They spawned right infront me, funny to lose like 3 hours of farming and sailing like this.

They want to you leave the freeports and starter zone but dont make it easy for you.

Edited by Fetusor

Personally I think the SotD are GREAT.... They keep the Hordes in check and keep the number of ships from getting out of control...  

There an awesome mechanic for making PvPers have to weigh the pro's and con's of taking there ship out of dock or not!  

Should we go raid that zone to our south filled with small guilds and newer players and blow there shacks up with our mighty cannons!!!

SotD are almost in a way the guardians of the helpless....

But Now there turning the SotD on rafts?!?  WHAT!!!!  Thats just ludicrous...

SotD should be no more then 5 and no less then 3 in any normal server they should not spawn in Free Ports and they should not spawn in Lawless Zones, however they should be everywhere else!!!

And they most certainly should never attack a raft...

1 minute ago, Fetusor said:

Kinda your fault? They spawned right infront me, funny to lose like 3 hours of farming and sailing like this.

Did you try turning in a different direction?

4 minutes ago, mizunami said:

you have to get really close to them with a raft, so kinda your fault if you are that close to gettign attacked, their spawn rate has been signigigantly reduced, however untill they wipe them, whats already spawned is spawned. jus tdotn sail near them. hell, i use a sloop and out run them to get places, not that hard

How do you outrun them when they are waiting for you at other zone border? and without wind? no way hoze

2 minutes ago, mizunami said:

1. Spawn rate is only affected after they are all killed. They have not wiped them so there are still a ton of them sailing out there. My sloop came across three in one grid and I was able to avoid them by a hair.

2. Just don't sail near them? Both the times I've lost my ships, it's always been moving into a different grid and one would be attacking us before I was able to respond. They camp grid borders all the time and sometimes, even trying to set up scout ships, is major risky. Why should we have to worry this much about an NPC over open seas in all tiles? It only hurts the SAILING aspect of the game, which is what the entire game is BUILT UPON.

3. Wind does not always work in your favor, and they ignore wind.

They are broken, stop blindly defending them just because you haven't gotten your shit sunk... yet.

• Like 2

Just now, Domino said:

Tried but the patch removed my hud. couldnt open sail.

1 minute ago, darcek said:

How do you outrun them when they are waiting for you at other zone border? and without wind? no way hoze

bounce between the server lines, and if wind isn't with you..go the OTHER way, getting to yoru destination is less important than dieing

1 minute ago, Domino said:

Again, I will state - most of the people sunken by the ship had to fight against the wind or hope to escape with just a little breeze of wind. Stop defending such a poor concept for challenge. It's broken.

Just now, Fetusor said:

Tried but the patch removed my hud. couldnt open sail.

Apparently relogging or dying/respawning will fix it

Just now, mizunami said:

bounce between the server lines, and if wind isn't with you..go the OTHER way, getting to yoru destination is less important than dieing

You are so fucking dense. They follow through server lines and it's not that the wind is blowing the wrong way, it's that it isn't blowing ENOUGH. Wind speed is very important to sailing and they IGNORE wind. Holy hell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KangWumpus said:

They are broken, stop blindly defending them just because you haven't gotten your shit sunk... yet.

Exactly its hell of RNG if you get destroyed or not.

Edited by Fetusor
  • Like 1

Just now, KangWumpus said:

Again, I will state - most of the people sunken by the ship had to fight against the wind or hope to escape with just a little breeze of wind. Stop defending such a poor concept for challenge. It's broken.

I wasn't defending any concept.  In fact I play on a private server where we modified.. hence proof that I'm not a fan of it the way that it currently is.  We reduced the spawn rate significantly and now it's a lot more enjoyable.  Sorry you felt I was even speaking to you, since I quoted someone else.

Just now, KangWumpus said:

You are so fucking dense. They follow through server lines and it's not that the wind is blowing the wrong way, it's that it isn't blowing ENOUGH. Wind speed is very important to sailing and they IGNORE wind. Holy hell.

yes they do, however , again im not dense, i avoided them by doing jsut that, bouncing between server lines, because they take longer to load in, they aren't near isntant like people are. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Domino said:

I wasn't defending any concept.  In fact I play on a private server where we modified.. hence proof that I'm not a fan of it the way that it currently is.  We reduced the spawn rate significantly and now it's a lot more enjoyable.  Sorry you felt I was even speaking to you, since I quoted someone else.

My apologies, then.

Just now, mizunami said:

yes they do, however , again im not dense, i avoided them by doing jsut that, bouncing between server lines, because they take longer to load in, they aren't near isntant like people are. 

You are dense. They continue to hold aggro through server lines, and they are fast. You need near-perfect conditions to outrun them, and they chase for a pretty long fucking time - as I've experienced. 

Now, a majority of my fleet has not been sunk by them. I know how to dodge them well and good, but what's the fun in having to dodge these ugly blotches on the screen every 5 minutes when you could be sailing for HOURS.

2 minutes ago, KangWumpus said:

You are so fucking dense. 

I may be mistaken, but you seem like you're loosing your cool over this game.  You're randomly attacking people and going on the offensive in the forums.  Perhaps you need a time out until you cool down.  Relax dude, it's just a game.  And, last but not least, it's in Early Access, meaning it's still in development.  Perhaps you should wait until the game is fully released to determine if it's your thing or not

Just now, Domino said:

I may be mistaken, but you seem like you're loosing your cool over this game.  You're randomly attacking people and going on the offensive in the forums.  Perhaps you need a time out until you cool down.  Relax dude, it's just a game.  And, last but not least, it's in Early Access, meaning it's still in development.  Perhaps you should wait until the game is fully released to determine if it's your thing or not

I'm not upset at the game. I love the game, but I just love it a little less in it's current stage. From day one, I've been defending this game from people that shit talk it just because of it's rocky launch, and whatnot. However, this Ships of the Damned thing is my only complaint - and for the life of me, I'm more upset at my inability to comprehend why the devs thought this would be a good idea from the first place, as it hinders the very thing they've been promoting about the game. I like the official atlas, and it sucks to go to a private server just so I don't have to deal with the SotD.

By the way, I only call him dense because he doesn't know what he's talking about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KangWumpus said:

I'm not upset at the game. I love the game, but I just love it a little less in it's current stage. From day one, I've been defending this game from people that shit talk it just because of it's rocky launch, and whatnot. However, this Ships of the Damned thing is my only complaint - and for the life of me, I'm more upset at my inability to comprehend why the devs thought this would be a good idea from the first place, as it hinders the very thing they've been promoting about the game.

This I definitely agree with.  So much potential, but the ghost ships are crazy.  They keep tweaking them though, which means they are probably still defining exactly how they want them to work.  Hopefully they are able to realize their vision, without making it crazy difficult, because the ghost ships really are a neat concept

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Domino said:

This I definitely agree with.  So much potential, but the ghost ships are crazy.  They keep tweaking them though, which means they are probably still defining exactly how they want them to work.  Hopefully they are able to realize their vision, without making it crazy difficult, because the ghost ships really are a neat concept

Agreed, they look awesome at night. If they spawned in Golden Ruins and around sunken treasure ships, then I feel like there would be some point to their madness. It would make the seas enjoyable and heighten the excitement and preparedness to do quests or seek sunken treasure. I would love that!

It JUST happened to me.  2 SOTD attacked my raft...going full speed with wind to outrun, couldn't....this really makes the game unplayable. I was with ya up until now but if this is the case I'm done.

11 minutes ago, fastman52018 said:

It JUST happened to me.  2 SOTD attacked my raft...going full speed with wind to outrun, couldn't....this really makes the game unplayable. I was with ya up until now but if this is the case I'm done.

I won't disagree with this.  On our private server we reduced the spawn rate.  Up to that point, I was just as frustrated and was about to walk away.  I lost like four sloops in two days and there's only so much you can do on a single island.

Perhaps try a private server for the time being and give it some time to bake before returning to a public server?  (assuming you're on a public server)  There's still plenty of fun to be had while things develop