Sign in to follow this  
Xexorian

Galleon Decay Rate 100% to 0% in less than 12 hrs at Freeports is Absurd.

Please lower the freeport ship decay rate on the Galleon. Put another way, Increase the duration for bigger and bigger ships progressively takes longer to take place.

Right now our brand new Galleon is going to be at like 0% health in 12 hours. Pretty absurd decay rate for parking a week of effort. Don't even think I can keep it here realistically I'll have to leave or I'll lose 1-2 weeks of effort, and I think it's so punishing that I can't even repair it fast enough to make going to freeports worth it, because if I manage to anchor it and explore for a half hour or hour that's like 10% of my health just gone by the time I get out of the zone.. putting me at a disadvantage for ever going into a freeport where u spend gold?  Lol doesn't sound very pirate like to me.

I'm the pirate lord now in me Galleon, laddies. They should pay ME to park MY SHIP in their bay!

In all seriousness, it is really quite awful even for my group of friends, please tune the decay rate back a bit, it's a tad obnoxious. Thanks!
Our group think's a 96 hr / 4 day decay rate is pretty good, and similar to decay rate of lawless regions.

Also, people should double check mechanics to boats in freeports, people getting on them shouldn't put them over "crew" and sink their ships. 
It's also a place to park ships in order for freeports to act as the hub they're supposed to be implemented as I HIGHLY suggest changing the decay rate of ships anchored there. Right now 100%'ing them in 12 hours is a tad ridiculous. At least make it 4 (perhaps 7) Days Like the Lawless regions? It only makes sense to us. Seems really punishing and broken if you think about it atm.  

:skull: JUST LOST A SHIP ME AND MY WIFE WORKED ON FOR THE PAST 4 DAYS TO THIS GARBAGE!!!

NO LAND TO CLAIM, GHOST SHIPS AT SEA TO DISTORY YOUR SHIP AT EVERY TURN. GO TO FREE PORT FOR HOPEFULLY A NIGHTS REST

WAKE UP BEFORE GOING OFF TO WORK TO FIND SHIP DISTORTED. 

SHIP GAME WHERE YOU CANT USE SHIPS HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA......

BAD.  :skull:

Edited by Scorpionshawn
  • Like 1

Why is your Galleon in freeport to begin with? I understand that there are vendors there, but saying that you are staying in freeport for 12 hrs for vendors is your own fault. Freeport is a starting area for players that do not have such nice things. Most, if not all people are abusing freeport. High rate of resources at a crazy respawn rate. No PvP or raiding for complete protection of everything owned by you and your faction.

The only reason you would need to take a galleon into freeport, is to buy from the vendors and then leave, which only takes about 30 minutes round trip. Everything else, you can obtain out in the world. And you are asking for a 4 day decay rate? So you can park your ship in freeport, gather free resources with complete immunity from the players of Atlas?! AHAHAHAHAHAHA. To put it in perspective, players are creating a fleet of rafts loaded with resources and its even worse since its 2.5x weekend on official. Freeport server was full of groups of people with rafts, who eventually brought in their big ships to load the supplies and take off, demolishing the rafts b4 they left.

But really tho, the abuse that freeport is taking from players, well over the level of 8 is insane. My group does it, my alliances do it. Its a good strat. Especially since we get raided by China just about every night it seems and have to start over. I mean if you can build the parts of a ship in freeport and then sail to a lawless with 10 rafts, to instantly build the ship, why wouldn't you. It wouldn't be so bad, if every island in the world besides the freeport islands weren't so god fuckin awful. Oh farming some wood? Here ya go, 4 wolves lead by a 215 alpha wolf to make your day better.

Edited by reapo

:skull: DUDE WE WAS THERE FOR 4 HOURS!!! AND WE WANTED TO BUY A CREW BEFORE SHOVING OFF. THIS IS BROKEN!!!! :skull:

" TOOK 4 DAYS TO BUILD"

Edited by Scorpionshawn