Sign in to follow this  
StreetShaman

PIN Coded chests raided

We're on the NA PvE server and our ships PIN locked chests were cleared out. I found them with it set to non-PIN and completely empty. 

Before someone jokes about it being a pirate game or that it was probably traitors, its a group of 8 IRL friends and was obviously a hack, not an in-game mechanic. 

Apparently there is a way to circumvent PIN codes in the Piracy skill tree. Don't know if it leaves them set to non-PIN after using it though. And yes, it is currently usable on the PvE server.

Edited by Sunderbrass

19 minutes ago, Sunderbrass said:

Apparently there is a way to circumvent PIN codes in the Piracy skill tree. Don't know if it leaves them set to non-PIN after using it though. And yes, it is currently usable on the PvE server.

There is no way to circumvent PIN codes using Piracy Tree. Piracy Tree allows you to LOOK into a chest to see it's contents, but does not remove any auth/locks. Pirate still has to guess the PIN or Destroy it.

What this sounds like is either a bug OR a player used a key generator to run through every combination possible to unlock it.

Well crap. I guess it's just as well that the game started running so poorly for me yesterday that I can't play any longer. This is such a mess right now.

This is the second thread I've seen in the last 24 hours discussing this. Let's try to keep this thread bumped so that the devs can be made aware this seems to be a thing.