Sign in to follow this  
HunterJDL

Steam Update Overwriting Configs

Hey all,

I'm used to running ARK servers with ASM. I have my servers up and working and I know where to place the various config settings to get them to work but I've noticed an issue. Every time I update my server I use the command app_update xxxxxxx validate in steam cmd and it seems to reset all of the configs in the server folder. It's becoming an increasingly large pain to always have to re-add all of the various settings per server.

I was wondering if anyone has a workaround for this or a better way to update the server files?

Thanks in advance!

I've run into that as well as the redis.conf server being overwritten and my password being changed.  No fix I'm aware of.

I just draged the RedisDatabase folder to my desk top and now it doesn't get over written

Edited by AardWolf
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, micah68ph said:

I've run into that as well as the redis.conf server being overwritten and my password being changed.  No fix I'm aware of.

All updates will revert back the files you downloaded that belongs to the original !!!

IF you want to have your own redis config file, the solution is simple.

Make a copy of redis-server_start.bat and redis.conf, rename it to redis-my-server_start.bat and redis-my.conf !!!

Open up your editor and change the line in redis-my-server_start.bat > start redis-server.exe ./redis-my.conf

Now that your own files doesn't belong to the original files it won't get overwritten anymore!

You just have to use redis-my-server_start.bat to start your redis server including your personal
edited "redis-my.conf".