Sign in to follow this  
Tadamachi

Lower Grind, Increase Action

2 minutes ago, Tadamachi said:

Could not say it better.

t1.png

t2.png

Don’t get me wrong, you want it to be easier for small groups, I want it to not be for large companies, where the game is designed for. 

Atlas is stated as an Survival MMO on steam, bit weird. 

Edited by Percieval

I am fine with the grind time. What I am not fine with is with the innumerable bugs and glitches and issues that can send that time into the trash bin.

I think they should listen to the community more. Most of us would probably agree these damned ships are a big issue that hasn't been solved yet, for example.

2 minutes ago, Christopher Blake said:

I am fine with the grind time. What I am not fine with is with the innumerable bugs and glitches and issues that can send that time into the trash bin.

I think they should listen to the community more. Most of us would probably agree these damned ships are a big issue that hasn't been solved yet, for example.

They are working on it. I find it to be weird they lower the damage instead of the spawn rate.. 

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Don’t get me wrong, you want it to be easier for small groups, I want it to not be for large companies, where the game is designed for. 

Atlas is stated as an Survival MMO on steam, bit weird. 

yes i know, even though they advertised it as a pirate mmo...

I agree it really feels like just another Ark or horrible copy of Conan Exiles.

I actually would like to play the other titles if they would have a system travelling system as Atlas does.

But pirates here is just a barely visible theme as for now. 

Just now, Percieval said:

They are working on it. I find it to be weird they lower the damage instead of the spawn rate.. 

If I am not wrong they reduced the spawn rate too... by 60% or something like that. But apparently that isn't enough. Obviously the devs decide what kind of game and mechanics they wanna have, but the way I see it is that that damned Ship should be a rare spawn, and if not a rare spawn it should be kind of difficult to find one. It certainly shouldn't be all over the place while people are struggling to survive with Sloops etc.

Just now, Christopher Blake said:

If I am not wrong they reduced the spawn rate too... by 60% or something like that. But apparently that isn't enough. Obviously the devs decide what kind of game and mechanics they wanna have, but the way I see it is that that damned Ship should be a rare spawn, and if not a rare spawn it should be kind of difficult to find one. It certainly shouldn't be all over the place while people are struggling to survive with Sloops etc.

Yes the patch did not affect the damned ships at all, they are all over the places.

1 minute ago, Christopher Blake said:

Yes they did but still not enough. Why does it need to be a spawn rate anyway... Why not 1 per grid; if it spawns it respawns after an hour somewhere on the map. Ofcourse within good distance from any ship. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yes they did but still not enough. Why does it need to be a spawn rate anyway... Why not 1 per grid; if it spawns it respawns after an hour somewhere on the map. Ofcourse within good distance from any ship. 

Thats a really good idead, they should definetly be more rare with with much better loot quality instead.

Increasing the farming rate until January 1st is not enough that's only two days. Just needs to be permanent. The grind is just way too extreme in this game. From the trailer I thought we would be able to build entire houses and make towns, but it's just Ark building and about twice as grind e at that. I really just want to build a cool Port Town but the way it works now I would need a team of twenty guys farming in order to build anything that resembles the quote fingers player built towns from the trailer