Sign in to follow this  
Tadamachi

Lower Grind, Increase Action

This game needs to lower its grind to make it fun, Atlas was promoted as a pirate game with many adventures and obviously piracy. Instead, the game feels like a farm simulator. I have been building up a ship together with my company for about 1 week just to get it sunk by ghost ships within 5 minutes. The ratio of how much work you need to put in to make everything work and how fast everything can gets destroyed is not balanced yet. either lower the grind or increase the durability of our stuff, in order to increase the overall experience of this game.

Dt094h9WoAEw4KA.0.jpg

Edited by Tadamachi

Just now, Tadamachi said:

This game needs to lower its grind to make it fun, Atlas was promoted as a pirate game with many adventures and obviously piracy. Instead, the game feels like a farm simulator. I have been building up a ship together with my company for about 1 week just to get it sunk by ghost ships within 5 minutes. The ratio of how much work you need to put in to make everything work and how fast everything can gets destroyed is not balanced yet. either lower the grind or increase the durability of our stuff, in order to increase the overall experience of this game.

Time needed for ships is fine. You don’t want ship mayham happening that causes a lot of lag. They can look into the sinking mechanics as a whole, that needs tweaking. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Time needed for ships is fine. You don’t want ship mayham happening that causes a lot of lag. They can look into the sinking mechanics as a whole, that needs tweaking. 

just increasing the farm ratio output by x2 or x2 would be already enough to balance it.

just increasing the farm ratio output by x2 or x2 would be already enough to balance it.

That won’t happen on official servers. You can always look for an unofficial server with stats to your liking. 

You can already farm stupid amounts of materials in no time with the right tools.  

I spent 30min last night and farmed over 1k fiber.   

That won’t happen on official servers. You can always look for an unofficial server with stats to your liking. 

Selling the community on private servers to make this game playable is not a solution. The Devs needs to solve these problems on their platforms to secure the long-term success of this game. thats what they are working for after all.

• Like 1

Selling the community on private servers to make this game playable is not a solution. The Devs needs to solve these problems on their platforms to secure the long-term success of this game. thats what they are working for after all.

But it isn’t a problem, apart from the ship sinkings that I said in the first post. 

2 minutes ago, Tadamachi said:

And i am telling you it is a problem.

Because it gets out of the way with ship spam, lag issues and reduces the chances of Alpha’s? 

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Because it gets out of the way with ship spam, lag issues and reduces the chances of Alpha’s? 

Atlas should have the capacity to handle a good amount of ships on their servers, after all they have advertised that they can have 40k players on one map. So they can not keep their promises or what? And why do we have dozens of ghost ships roaming in the sea then, they should cause a hell of a lag.

Edited by Tadamachi

Atlas should have the capacity to handle a good amount of ships on their servers, after all they have advertised that they can have 40k players on one map. So they can not keep their promises or what?

40K people divided over 225 servers. If it gets flooded, tornado’s come up to prevent it from more. 

40K people divided over 225 servers. If it gets flooded, tornado’s come up to prevent it from more. 

So it should be no problem to increasing the farm ratio output, since there are apparently mechanisms preventing the servers from crashing or lagging even with more ships on the map then usual.

So it should be no problem to increasing the farm ratio output, since there are apparently mechanisms preventing the servers from crashing or lagging even with more ships on the map then usual.

They won’t increase the farm output. Best they can and maybe will do is lower the required resources, but I don’t think they will do that since there are not many people complain about it frankly. 

There are lots of posts of people saying ‘worked 10h and now damned ship sunk me immediately’ but they never complain about the timespan. 

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

They won’t increase the farm output. Best they can and maybe will do is lower the required resources, but I don’t think they will do that since there are not many people complain about it frankly. 

There are lots of posts of people saying ‘worked 10h and now damned ship sunk me immediately’ but they never complain about the timespan. 

they do, it says worked 10h and sunk in 5 minutes, thats a complaint about the the timespan. Just as i said above the amount of work you have to put in to the game just to get stuff destroyed in a few minutes is not balanced at all yet. so either increase resource output/lower the grind or increase the durability of our stuff, in order to increase the overall experience of this game.

Edited by Tadamachi

they do, it says worked 10h and sunk in 5minutes, thats a complaint about the the timespan. Just as i said above the amount of work you have to put in to the game just to get stuff destroyed in a few minutes is not balanced at all yet. so either increase resource output/lower the grind or increase the durability of our stuff, in order to increase the overall experience of this game.

And now we’re back at my first point: They need to tweak everything that concerns sinking of the ships like; Ships of the damned, bug when the port is too close to shore so it sinks immediately, that you can make holes in the ship by hand.. 

And now we’re back at my first point: They need to tweak everything that concerns sinking of the ships like; Ships of the damned, bug when the port is too close to shore so it sinks immediately, that you can make holes in the ship by hand.. 

Yes they definetly need to do that.

29 minutes ago, Percieval said:

it just happened....

1234253.png

it feels like the devs were watching this thread.

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

now they just need to fix this point as well

3 minutes ago, Tadamachi said:

Yes they definetly need to do that.

it just happened....

1234253.png

it feels like the devs were watching this thread.

Not permanently, that is what I meant, just like on ARK. 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Not permanently, that is what I meant, just like on ARK. 

I am pretty sure they will keep the harvesting bonus or or set it up again after positive feedback from the community, but probably not at x2.5 ratio. This game is not Ark so it should also not have the same grinding timespans.

Edited by Tadamachi

1 minute ago, Tadamachi said:

I am pretty sure they will keep the harvesting bonus or or set it up again after positive feedback from the community, but probably not at x2.5 ratio. This game is not Ark so it should also not have the same grinding timespans.

We’ll see, I still believe that the time it takes for ship building is perfectly fine. 

We’ll see, I still believe that the time it takes for ship building is perfectly fine. 

this is more or less a test run to see how the cummunity responds to less grind, and adapt the harvesting ratio accordingly.

may i ask how many hours do you have in ark and with how many others do you play atlas?

1 minute ago, Tadamachi said:

this is more or less a test run to see how the cummunity responds to less grind, and adapt the harvesting ratio accordingly.

may i ask how many hours do you have in ark and with how many others do you play atlas?

I believe 4600. I used to play on officials but last couple of years I went over to unofficial, more for the fun of raiding though. 

I’m in a big company on EU PVP but I rarely play with more than 4 people at the same time, since we do our own thing. 

I believe 4600. I used to play on officials but last couple of years I went over to unofficial, more for the fun of raiding though. 

I’m in a big company on EU PVP but I rarely play with more than 4 people at the same time, since we do our own thing. 

I do not want to be offensive to you but looking at the amount of time you have invested into ark its pretty safe to assume that you are a hardcore gamer, thus its just natural for you that the grind feels like nothing. however, atlas should not be as said be about the grind like in Ark but instead more about the adventure. Moreover, not everyone has the protection of a large company, so loosing stuff is much more common and getting things together much harder to achieve.

7 minutes ago, Tadamachi said:

I do not want to be offensive to you but looking at the amount of time you have invested into ark its pretty safe to assume that you are a hardcore gamer, thus its just natural for you that the grind feels like nothing. however, atlas should not be as said be about the grind like in Ark but instead more about the adventure. Moreover, not everyone has the protection of a large company, so loosing stuff is much more common and getting things together much harder to achieve.

I used to be. Now I have a bit more time because of vacation but it should be fine. If I’m not around, a mate can take over the work. That is how it is designed to be. I’d rather have them tweak hatchet/pickaxe stats than the whole harvesting.