Gothicer

Suggestions for Ships of the Damned

I think there's a few different ways they could be balanced:

Similar to what psykoe has said in another thread, I think the ghost ships are too aggressive. I feel like they should be slower than all other actual ships, so that you actually have a chance to escape from them if you wish to. Or, like psykoe said, simply make them non-aggressive until fired on.

However, if you do decide to keep them hostile but slow them down, it might be a good idea to make their cannon range further than any player ships so that they can't be cheesed. That way, people who want to fight them can, and people who don't can actually avoid them rather than losing hours/days of work thanks to something they could do nothing to stop.

Finally, I also think that ghost ships should be limited to one or two per zone, IF ANY AT ALL. Having fewer of them, along with the changes above, means that you can ramp up the loot quality and scale their health however you like, while also adding another layer of gameplay in terms of having to actually find the ghost ships to begin with. It could end up with people from different companies working together to search for them in multiple ships, and then taking them down together like raid bosses. Personally (especially from an MMO standpoint), I think that sounds much more fun than having them flood every zone.

I really hope you take these suggestions into consideration. I've been enjoying the game a lot already, but I really do think Ships of the Damned need some changes.

Edited by Gothicer
  • Like 2

Good idea. I´d like to add the idea of ghost ships being attracted to owners of the power stones. every power stone increases the chance of a ghost ship spawning near you/attacking you, if already spawned (on the ocean only)

Nice post, I would also recommend for them to spawn at night time only, don't ghosts / ships of the damned  come out at night time? 😉 

• Like 1

That could work as well. There are multiple ways they could be balanced depending on how the devs want them to work. I just hope they add some way that allows us to play around them. I haven't lost a ship to them yet, but I've watched many ships be destroyed by them with no chance of escaping or fighting back, and I've heard about many more in my zone alone.

The fact is the way they work at the moment is just frustrating. Ghost ships just feel like the fun police, and they make me not want to play because at any moment I could lose days of work and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I don't mind if the devs want them to be overpowered, but we at least need some way to be able to reliably avoid or escape them.

Edited by Gothicer

I'd like to see them spawn only on golden age ruin grids. It would make more sense considering that's where all the high end PvE stuff is. 

• Like 1

Some of these are good ideas. Personally at this point I wouldn't mind if they were completely removed except in certain areas and then are still very rare. They should not be spawning 3-4 at a time and they should not aggro you once you're in a 5 KM radius. Some of them won't, but I have seen others that no matter what will aggro. 

Lost 5 ships in the past week to this so far. A few of my crew have already quit because of it. Please fix.

• Like 1

:skull: ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THESE GHOST SHIPS!!! THEY ARE ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE YOU BARELY CAN GET FROM ONE MAP TO THE NEXT.

2 SHIPS PER MAP IS ALL YOU NEED THIS IS STUPID!!! :skull: