Sign in to follow this  
wolfgang4466

Destruction of shipyard

Hello All,

Today while working on my companies schooner I got a message that the ship was destroyed, what in fact happened was the shipyards was demolished by another player.

How is that even possible when I was just working on the ship about 10 minutes earlier.

Needless to say I lost a good days progress and starting to loss my nerve with this game, we are on a PVE server because all I am interested in is farming and building.

I spent 2 days looking for a suitable location on a raft and now that i started building my pride and joy another player came and destroyed it how is that PVE?

please can you look into this, it happened on itebrook island at around 12:00 am GMT on the EU PVE server.

Any resources given as compensation would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Cause I was standing right there when it happened and the player even apologised after that he had the option to demolish. Im not going to name the said player as he did apologise and this issue is probably something that the devs should sort out.

sad part was my friend couldnt be online today so I was doing it all solo and i was preety proud of my progress had almost all the planks done, and if youve built a schooner you know that just the planks take about 15000 wood, thatch and fiber, so not a small amount.

Edited by wolfgang4466

What confuses me is how someone has the option to demolish.

I placed my shipyard down earlier today, then later started to build a sloop. Tonight I went out, I was offline for about 4 hours and when i log back on my shipyard was gone. No-one elses shipyards was gone. I assumed it was a ghost ship issue.

Ive actually just rebuilt the shipyard and started the schooner again and built the bottom half of planks, and now im quite scared to go to sleep.

ive played this game very honestly, ive had the ability to steal stuff from other players but i havn't, can the devs please look into this, as the decay demolish says 16 days but if a player can destroy after a few hours then that must be an issue.

IF youre on a lawless island once you place the shipyard, a decay timer will begin and once it runs out, anyone can destroy a structure placed

Asinego, I get that but the timer said 4 days, the shipyard was placed yesterday morning. so there seems to be an issue with the timers.

44 minutes ago, wolfgang4466 said:

Asinego, I get that but the timer said 4 days, the shipyard was placed yesterday morning. so there seems to be an issue with the timers.

I think the best bet is to get away from lawless and freeport and trying building there.

1 hour ago, wolfgang4466 said:

I get the glitch but as just stated, you should avoid building in these regions as your stuff will be destroyed by other people

6 hours ago, Arzicane said:

I think the best bet is to get away from lawless and freeport and trying building there.

5 hours ago, Asinego said:

I get the glitch but as just stated, you should avoid building in these regions as your stuff will be destroyed by other people

Nobody wants to build in lawless regions but guess what, people have no choice when there's no space anywhere else to be found because there's more ocean than land and people spam claim flags all over islands which is silly on PvE.

You can spend days and days at sea looking for somewhere to try and settle and the only way you can do that right now is by using a raft because you stand no chance in hell with the ghost ships.

So when trying to advise where people shouldn't build try to keep in mind that there is nowhere else for people to build.

P.S. My shipyard disappeared the day I placed it, it had not been 4 days and the company log gave no record of it, the only record was that my ship was removed and that's because it had a sloop construction in it, so there was no record of the actual shipyard.

14 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Nobody wants to build in lawless regions but guess what, people have no choice when there's no space anywhere else to be found because there's more ocean than land and people spam claim flags all over islands which is silly on PvE.

You can spend days and days at sea looking for somewhere to try and settle and the only way you can do that right now is by using a raft because you stand no chance in hell with the ghost ships.

So when trying to advise where people shouldn't build try to keep in mind that there is nowhere else for people to build.

P.S. My shipyard disappeared the day I placed it, it had not been 4 days and the company log gave no record of it, the only record was that my ship was removed and that's because it had a sloop construction in it, so there was no record of the actual shipyard.

1) there is more space in non-lawless regions i know this because i've travveled round a large portion of the map and the most congested areas are the lawless regions.

2) the whole point of the game is exploration if you dont like spending hours at sea exploring then this isnt the game for you.

3) ghost ships - this is a whole diffirent bug and I have made a thread about this myself HERE.

4) I understand your glitch and i sympathise with you, but beyond that i do not understand why the timer was so significantly reduced but the reason it could happen was due to the region you're in

5 minutes ago, Asinego said:

1) there is more space in non-lawless regions i know this because i've travveled round a large portion of the map and the most congested areas are the lawless regions.

2) the whole point of the game is exploration if you dont like spending hours at sea exploring then this isnt the game for you.

3) ghost ships - this is a whole diffirent bug and I have made a thread about this myself HERE.

4) I understand your glitch and i sympathise with you, but beyond that i do not understand why the timer was so significantly reduced but the reason it could happen was due to the region you're in

Are you being purposfully dense? No point three is the reason point two is not possible. What gave you ghe idea these people dont like to explore. The fact is, and you acknowledged it, is that people cant explore due to ghost ships.

rafts are not a realistc means of exploration, youre at the mercy of the wind and could end up being blown back and forth between two zones all day.

3 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Are you being purposfully dense? No point three is the reason point two is not possible. What gave you ghe idea these people dont like to explore. The fact is, and you acknowledged it, is that people cant explore due to ghost ships.

rafts are not a realistc means of exploration, youre at the mercy of the wind and could end up being blown back and forth between two zones all day.

Ghost ships are not a typical issue, they are just the current bug waiting to be fixed and thus can't be used as a 'norm' example. Also for the record You can still get quite far using the map and the raft, the wind doesn't change often enough for you to get blown back and forth between regions, and i personally have navigated from and to a set destination with just a raft more than once using more than 'the mercy of the wind' 

1 minute ago, Asinego said:

Ghost ships are not a typical issue, they are just the current bug waiting to be fixed and thus can't be used as a 'norm' example. Also for the record You can still get quite far using the map and the raft, the wind doesn't change often enough for you to get blown back and forth between regions, and i personally have navigated from and to a set destination with just a raft more than once using more than 'the mercy of the wind' 

I said not realistic meaning, painful, tedious, boring, uninspired, unengaging.. and so on. I never said impossible. 

And the issue i took with your post was you essentially blaming the player above for voicing a concern, then in the next sentence acknowledging that they have a right to be complaining. Some bullshit double speak made to paint the players as the problem and not the companies poor decision making and poor handling of the aftermath of those poor decisions.

maybe you didnt know what you were doing but i hope you see it now.