Boredaholic

Atlas isn't a "New Game"

It's an ark expansion. The video clip show's exactly it lol.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EndearingApatheticBananaSeemsGood

I mean, i'm not terribly upset about it other than don't lie to your customers and say it's a NEW game when it's not. It's a mod/expansion. 25 bucks for an expansion isn't terrible by any means. just dont lie to us.

Also... i know it's the first day, but seriously? Can't even keep the servers up for very long before you restart them and then nobody can rejoin. I feel like there was nothing prepared.

Just now, Ligma Jimbo said:

If there aren't dinosaurs and tek, it isn't ark. its just run on the ark engine just like dark and light and SoftF. 

if it "isn't ark" then why can you get to an ark menu?

• Sad 1

I'm here precisely because this is ARK with pirates and shoulder-launched parrots.

• Like 4

Just now, Majic said:

I'm here precisely because this is ARK with pirates and shoulder-launched parrots.

I am as well, it's supposed to be ark on a much grander scale with way more features. I'm still excited to see it. Just found it comical that they released it with the original game still accessible by accident.

1 minute ago, Boredaholic said:

if it "isn't ark" then why can you get to an ark menu?

because "it is run on the ark engine" 

Where exactly does the line for new get drawn? Clearly some of the content and systems are the same or similar, but there are new additions as well. I'm curious what everyone perceives as the threshhold for new/reskinned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boredaholic said:

so disable ark?

I hope not.

I want to be able to unleash a compy swarm on my enemies.

Just now, Majic said:

I hope not.

I want to be able to unleash a compy swarm on my enemies.

i mean that would be legit.

*Finds hidden obelisk*

*Spawns in 300 compy's*

Enemy: "WTF?! NOOOOO!!!!"

This game has plenty that Ark does not.

Plus, isn't this what you want a developer to do? Iterate based on existing proven tech to bring new games more often?

Everything is going to draw inspiration from other games. It's kinda like calling Portal and Portal 2 the same game. They both have the same exact mechanics/gameplay with different levels/features, but they're still in turn different games. It's similar to ARK, but ARK has a great system for long term progression, so I think they wanted to stick with what they were used to simply because a lot of the ATLAS team is from ARK.

guys, guys... you're getting sidetracked. it's a "new" game. but you can play ark on atlas. as in you can start up an ark map on atlas and play ark. There's nothing wrong with using same mechanics or anything else. It's along the lines of if you're going to say it's a new game, why can we play the "old" game still when it's not called "Ark" lol

I have no problem with this being an 'Ark' game. Had a lot of fun in Ark and as soon as I can actually get into a server, I am sure i will have a lot of fun with Atlas 😉

Guys please just please....

Edited by PKMZ

The Menu Developer is as dumb as the server administrators... ^^ a group of retarded developers hunting for the money, nothing else... its not Early Access its Pre-Pre-Alpha ^^

Just now, CptPlateau said:

The Menu Developer is as dumb as the server administrators... ^^ a group of retarded developers hunting for the money, nothing else... its not Early Access its Pre-Pre-Alpha ^^

The developers aren't retarded. Stuff like this can slip under the rug, the problem is Wildcard has never tested anything they have ever released, so bugs that are easy to find (Like this) constantly escape the devs eyes because Wildcard pushes the code live as soon as it compiles. Similar things happen with the network stuff too.