Sign in to follow this  
Widgit

Still a little too close to shore...

Uhm why is that too close to shore???    Why should there be a mechanic that limits how close ships of the damned get to the shore?!?

Just now, Sulfurblade said:

Uhm why is that too close to shore???    Why should there be a mechanic that limits how close ships of the damned get to the shore?!?

Because they literally just patched it yesterday to limit how close ships of the damned get to the shore, that's why there should be a mechanic.

Just now, Widgit said:

Because they literally just patched it yesterday to limit how close ships of the damned get to the shore, that's why there should be a mechanic.

How about instead of limiting content you I don't know Build some defenses!  the Large Gateways are very tall and make excellent boat houses to safe guard your ship!  And while your at it why not build a coastal fort with some guns to protect said harbor-age!   Why do we need to dumb the game down because people want to park there ships willy nilly and build ship yards in tactically dumb locations!!!

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

How about instead of limiting content you I don't know Build some defenses!  the Large Gateways are very tall and make excellent boat houses to safe guard your ship!  And while your at it why not build a coastal fort with some guns to protect said harbor-age!   Why do we need to dumb the game down because people want to park there ships willy nilly and build ship yards in tactically dumb locations!!!

Okay dude I'm not sure who pissed you off, this thread is more or less a bug report because, as I said, they've already patched this out of the game supposedly. Let me copy-paste from the patch notes for you:

"- Ensured army of the damned ships spawn farther away from shore, and don't spawn too near player ships "

So you see, this isn't a personal gripe, or me trying to "dumb the game down".  This is me reporting that part of the patch notes IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY.  So take your high-and-mighty attitude and go direct it elsewhere please.

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

Spawn

That ship is sailing who know's where it spawned at....

Okay dude.  You win.  Will you leave now?

Oh and btw, it didn't sail to shore, they literally JUST reset the server and there it was.  But you know what? What do I know? You're obviously right.

Edited by Widgit

I mean, if some people like the challenge of not being able to sail away from their base because a Ship of the Damned just decided to spawn next to their shipyard, more power to them.  That point is moot entirely, however, since this should not be possible to happen anymore after yesterday's patch.  It is not working properly and needs to be looked into.  Ships of the Damned should not be spawning in right next to the coastline.

replace that image with a Galleon manned bye players and would you be saying they were too close to the shore or would you be saying maybe we should have prepared for that and built some sort of defenses!!!

Just now, Sulfurblade said:

replace that image with a Galleon manned bye players and would you be saying they were too close to the shore or would you be saying maybe we should have prepared for that and built some sort of defenses!!! 

As far as I know, the ships of the damned don't attack unless you attack them first or they were already targetting you out in the waters before you made landfall.  More defenses aren't necessary.  It does create an inability to leave land on anything larger than a raft, if you're as unlucky to have one spawn right next to your coast. So again, not sure what kind of point you're trying to make here.  It doesn't change the fact that this isn't supposed to be happening.  Starting to believe you're either trolling or grasping desperately at straws at this point.

• Like 1

I am being dead set serious...

There is this stuff called artillery its deadly....   It was historically used on forts to protect your harbor and ships at anchor!

I certainly want to use artillery in the future and if the ship of the damned no longer come close enough then that's lame! 

Again this is suppose to be a game with PvP and I don't know about you but If I am making a really valuable ship I most certainly plan to put defenses up so

that rival's don't decide to destroy it before its finished....

2 minutes ago, LtSharpShooter said:

@Widgit You might want to post this on the BUG REPORTS forum. I'm sure the Devs will look there first. 
also you might not get so many griefers. 

Good point, will do.