Sign in to follow this  
RedXStrike

Allow Lawless Claiming for Solo players

I think creating some systems to allow for players of different styles to thrive is going to be key towards the longevity. Not everybody wants to engage in armada vs armada play. This is a pirate game after all, some captains just want to do their thing.

The trick is that the systems don't seem to have any differentiation between huge companies and solo players. This is already creating odd issues with mega teams (from different countries) claiming everything.

I think creating more variety in the grids and what players of different styles can do may be great.

4 minutes ago, SoloHan88 said:

I thought lawless was just temporary. Am I wrong? 

Temporary in what context? Like they won't keep them past a certain window from launch?

Even so - having some areas with variable building rules for different play styles I think would be great, especially with what we're seeing early on.

Your on the right track here but it should actually be 

LAWFULL....

Yes we need some Lawfull zones with an NPC governor that tax's you but you get all the perks of being in a free port...

2 minutes ago, RedXStrike said:

Temporary in what context? Like they won't keep them past a certain window from launch?

Even so - having some areas with variable building rules for different play styles I think would be great, especially with what we're seeing early on.

I just thought it was because when the servers opened and no body could get in they opened up more "freeports" called lawless. Not sure why I thought that.

Edited by SoloHan88

That was my understanding as well.  Lawless was added as extra starter zones due to the large number of new players. The governor approach and paying taxes sounds like a good idea.  Could maybe even have a way to pay a tax for a plot of land you could build a small home on.  Would be an interesting concept to explore. (Or even rent land in a fom of tax from companies?)

2 minutes ago, KeyenDF said:

That was my understanding as well.  Lawless was added as extra starter zones due to the large number of new players. The governor approach and paying taxes sounds like a good idea.  Could maybe even have a way to pay a tax for a plot of land you could build a small home on.  Would be an interesting concept to explore. (Or even rent land in a fom of tax from companies?)

Glad I wasn't the only one. That would seem to clear up the "all the land is taken" claims. From what I've read/witnessed most people are in lawless regions. And with there being several companies on each island maybe it would force them to work together and grow. Who knows though.

Lawless just cleared up server congestion by giving more start areas. You can't claim land though - like freeports. My suggestion is to allow for claiming land - but only for solo players. What's insane is allowing a starting area that allows you to build a bed that you can't access while just trying to figure out how to play.

But again - this pirate game is forcing a very specific way of massively collaborative play play, but the theme seems to WANT to allow some variability, particularly doing your own thing as a captain. But the systems are all built around a single method of play and the servers are overrun by that in every capacity. The only answer is really odd time balancing for claiming, rather than other rules based on an approach to play for claiming / building.

Similar to governed islands, having a bank would be awesome. Some safety net if you lose all your stuff.

Edited by RedXStrike

The Lawless and Freeport zones are starter zones, marked with white outlines so people can start off there.  The other zones fill the rest of the map, but of course you have to set sail and find them.  Claim and build, don't claim and just build, whatever suits you.  Beds work, of course, too.