Sign in to follow this  
Bisbois

Bears and Elephants are your friends.

Tame these and your life will be easy. Even if you just tame one Bear and that's it.

Bears gather an absurd amount of fiber. Taming a bear should be your first real tame goal, as never worrying about fiber will make your life a lot easier. Build a taming pen for this, and come prepared with a lot of honey before you try to bola one inside it.

Elephants can gather wood fairly efficiently, especially since they can cleave down many trees at once, and they act as great mules since they can carry a large amount of weight. Their massive aoe attack also makes easy work of most predators.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing! Wasn't sure if the bear would gather fiber like in Ark, but happy to hear it does. Now if i could just get some honey...

Great info.. must admit first time i even saw a bear I sat and watched it for 30mins trying to decide if they would attack me or not.  Haven't tried taming it, I'm not setup that way but maybe at lv 47 I'll respec to do so.  Same with elephants, although I've never seen wheat.. so how exactly to you tame something with a resource that effectively doesn't exist.

Unfortunately, taming stuff requires getting it's HP extremely low, and if, like us, you're cursed to live on a vulture infested island, every time you get the target's HP down, the vultures swarm and eat it. Once again I wonder if they did even basic QA testing during development

Edited by RyuujinZERO

23 hours ago, RyuujinZERO said:

Unfortunately, taming stuff requires getting it's HP extremely low, and if, like us, you're cursed to live on a vulture infested island, every time you get the target's HP down, the vultures swarm and eat it. Once again I wonder if they did even basic QA testing during development

While it's not ideal; work on getting a bigger ship (Brig+) and going to a lawless place. Build a taming pen on a lawless island, tame, and transport tames home.