Sign in to follow this  
vispera

Make the game about ship battles

So just a suggestion make player houses sharded like ESO so people can have a house and place to build a ship this way islands will be open to explore and pvp will be fought on the water where it should be in a pirate game even if they limit claim flags all the islands will be full with houses and not much to explore i dont find digging up treasure next to a house being a pirate  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Love this idea. +1 from me.

One island per region that is instanced would be nice. Small and limited, just a place for people to use as a jumping off point and not have to have someone on guard 24/7. Probably wouldnt even be used by large companys. Just something for solo players and smaller groups who want to primarily pve.

I have thought this as well. Would make a lot of people happy. Could have basic resources but nothing mid to end game.

Here goes the call of duty people asking for instant mindless PvP....

This is suppose to be an MMORPG!!!  And hell NO don't instance housing!!!

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

Here goes the call of duty people asking for instant mindless PvP....

This is suppose to be an MMORPG!!!  And hell NO don't instance housing!!!

How is that instant mindless PVP? Enlighten us.

ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!

I could give a rats arse about pirating I want to build a civilization and that means Housing IN THE WORLD not instanced crap!!!  I am here because this is a Sandbox without any instanced garbage!!!

3 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!

I could give a rats arse about pirating I want to build a civilization and that means Housing IN THE WORLD not instanced crap!!!  I am here because this is a Sandbox without any instanced garbage!!!

Not permanently instanced. Maybe just until you have a sloop. The instanced island wouldn't give you resources for more maybe.

9 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

your civilization wont be crap if there is no other plays to fill the town and no one buys games to get told by one person how to play it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vispera said:

your civilization wont be crap if there is no other plays to fill the town and no one buys games to get told by one person how to play it.

Honestly the problem going on in the community right now is there are all these Ark people that think the game should be- Instant PvP

Then it was marketed as a Pirate game which always pulls in the limited attention span Rust / DayZ / Call of Duty types...

But it claims to be an MMORPG with Civilization Building etc...

Sorry it can't be Ark 2.0 and be an MMORPG

Sorry it can't be Instant pvp easy mode if its going to be an MMORPG

So we have a loud vocal group of Ark players trying to dictate what the game should be...

But the game is not ment to be that, its ment to be challenging, multi rolled, mmorpg with a sailing focus!

So either they continue to develop towards that in which case the Extremist Ark Types and the Extremist PvP types are going to yell OMG this game sucks!

And the MMORPG types are going to be fine and dandy with the game!

So ultimately which crowd do they cater to?  

Just FYI the MMORPG Group is far larger and will make them far more money then the (Rust, Ark, crowd)

Anyway if you want instant awesome Ship Battles then I suggest you check out Naval Action, as it now has a 10 v 10 lobby thing for that.

so you want MMORPG guess what ESO is a MMORPG and it has sharded player housing for a reason there is no way to make a map big enough for every player to put their own mark on the world so who do they cater to the few that want servers to them self and everyone else just wasted money on a game or everyone so we can all play

3 minutes ago, vispera said:

so you want MMORPG guess what ESO is a MMORPG and it has sharded player housing for a reason there is no way to make a map big enough for every player to put their own mark on the world so who do they cater to the few that want servers to them self and everyone else just wasted money on a game or everyone so we can all play

And ESO is garbage and I dont play it....

Ultima Online was great (Sandbox MMORPG)

Star Wars Galaxies was great (Sandbox MMORPG)

The WoW comes along (ThemePark)

And nearly every MMORPG since has been a Themepark just like ESO...  And surprise surprise 40% of the MMORPG Market despises Themeparks and NO one has made any Sandbox's for us... This is one of the first Sandbox MMORPG's to be released in over 12 Years!!!

if you insist on instanced something make instanced starting zones where contents get wiped once per two weeks.

Otherwise

No

And ESO is garbage and I dont play it....

Ultima Online was great (Sandbox MMORPG)

Star Wars Galaxies was great (Sandbox MMORPG)

The WoW comes along (ThemePark)

And nearly every MMORPG since has been a Themepark just like ESO...  And surprise surprise 40% of the MMORPG Market despises Themeparks and NO one has made any Sandbox's for us... This is one of the first Sandbox MMORPG's to be released in over 12 Years!!!

wow a bunch of games that were shut down because player base was not big enough because the servers cant handle every player building and the people that came into the game late were just shit out of luck you make a good argument 

6 minutes ago, vispera said:

wow a bunch of games that were shut down because player base was not big enough because the servers cant handle every player building and the people that came into the game late were just shit out of luck you make a good argument 

...Okey please. Do you research before you type things like that. Pretty please... Ultima Online is still Running, SW:Galaxies died coz EA pushed their new MMO The Old Republic... WoW... you know it.  So any other arguments my good sir?

Edited by Grimuald

I dont think you have any idea what your talking about Ultima Online is the Longest running MMORPG and is still in existence today...  It was never shut down...

Star Wars Galaxies was indeed shut down but it had nothing to do with servers not being able to handle players!!!  It had to do with the NGE expansion where they took the game and tried to turn it into WoW...  And Pissed off there playerbase because it was quite litterally the worst expansion ever!  the took away durability on weapons and armor so everything never broke making crafting pointless in a game with the greatest crafting EVER...  They made it so everyone could become a Jedi instead of a very select few...

The Death of SWG had nothing to do with server instability... 

Besides your not even old enough to have played it!!!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

I dont think you have any idea what your talking about Ultima Online is the Longest running MMORPG and is still in existence today...  It was never shut down...

Star Wars Galaxies was indeed shut down but it had nothing to do with servers not being able to handle players!!!  It had to do with the NGE expansion where they took the game and tried to turn it into WoW...  And Pissed off there playerbase because it was quite litterally the worst expansion ever!  the took away durability on weapons and armor so everything never broke making crafting pointless in a game with the greatest crafting EVER...  They made it so everyone could become a Jedi instead of a very select few...

The Death of SWG had nothing to do with server instability... 

Besides your not even old enough to have played it!!!

you dont even know me so how do you know my age thing is your talking about game SWG and UO that had shit graphics how do you think minecraft can be as big as it is you want to build stuff and use a ton of land go play that in a newer game servers cant handle a game with good graphics and tons of player made stuff not one has came out that could thats why you have been waiting for 12 years and when this game sinks because it caters to the few you can wait longer

you dont even know me so how do you know my age thing is your talking about game SWG and UO that had shit graphics how do you think minecraft can be as big as it is you want to build stuff and use a ton of land go play that in a newer game servers cant handle a game with good graphics and tons of player made stuff not one has came out that could thats why you have been waiting for 12 years and when this game sinks because it caters to the few you can wait longer

I can tell your age from your disrespectful tone and desire for content on a silver spoon.  Its not rocket science!

Also that last post with the references towards Graphic's being important is another strong clue...

Edited by Sulfurblade

I can tell your age from your disrespectful tone and desire for content on a silver spoon.  Its not rocket science!

try again no silver spoon could give a shit less as it was only $25 i have other stuff to play 

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

also who was acting like a kid so have a good day