BoneHacker

Ghost Ships 'Real Talk'

Just tried sailing away on my sloop thinking they were fixed. 20181228083337_1.thumb.jpg.0df0767c5b9337799140810eee524aca.jpg

Β 

So real talk here GrapeShot:

Ghost Ships - What's wrong with them now?
1. They attack anything larger then a raft, so now we have raft simulator
2. They spawn in crazy amounts on every server it seems.
3. They are too fast, seem to ignore wind? Not sure but you can't outrun them in a sloop.
4. Everyone is stuck on whatever Island they are currently on because of ghost ships.

Ghost Ships - What they should be!
1. An insanely rare spawn, 10% the rate of Tornado storms on the sea.
2. Should only spawn at night.
3. Should not attack at minimum sloops or smaller. Or do a gold check on the Boats. If Ghost ship level 1. Maybe they'll attack people with 100+ gold on ship etc.
4. NEVER should there ever be 1 Ghost ship per server.
5. Ghost ship should be so rare of an encounter it frightens you, and only the top players will risk the battle with them.
6. Have 1-3 ghost ships on entire world and have them travel around and people can track and kill them.

Ghost Ship Quick Fixes:
1. Disable them for now, they are ruining any experience for the majority of players.
2. Leave them out of game until the above fixes and changes have been made. And I'm talking RARE, and max 1 per sector.

Anyways I really hope the Grapeshot team Sees this and let me know what you think.

Upvotes would be nice if you agree, let the Devs see this as a possible solution to the problem.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, BoneHacker said:

Just tried sailing away on my sloop thinking they were fixed. 20181228083337_1.thumb.jpg.0df0767c5b9337799140810eee524aca.jpg

Β 

So real talk here GrapeShot:

Ghost Ships - What's wrong with them now?
1. They attack anything larger then a raft, so now we have raft simulator
2. They spawn in crazy amounts on every server it seems.
3. They are too fast, seem to ignore wind? Not sure but you can't outrun them in a sloop.
4. Everyone is stuck on whatever Island they are currently on because of ghost ships.

Ghost Ships - What they should be!
1. An insanely rare spawn, 10% the rate of Tornado storms on the sea.
2. Should only spawn at night.
3. Should not attack at minimum sloops or smaller. Or do a gold check on the Boats. If Ghost ship level 1. Maybe they'll attack people with 100+ gold on ship etc.
4. NEVER should there ever be 1 Ghost ship per server.
5. Ghost ship should be so rare of an encounter it frightens you, and only the top players will risk the battle with them.
6. Have 1-3 ghost ships on entire world and have them travel around and people can track and kill them.

Ghost Ship Quick Fixes:
1. Disable them for now, they are ruining any experience for the majority of players.
2. Leave them out of game until the above fixes and changes have been made. And I'm talking RARE, and max 1 per sector.

Anyways I really hope the Grapeshot team Sees this and let me know what you think.

Upvotes would be nice if you agree, let the Devs see this as a possible solution to the problem.

The devs don’t come on here. They won’t see it. Not bad ideas but they won’t see it.Β 

They are way too busy freaking out because the game is broke to read forum posts. These forums are just a place for people to vent

+1

Β 

what should have been and otherwise was a good patch turned into an absolute shit show.

how cool would it have been, had then been rare, to see screen shots and videos of highend players and content creators seeing these things maybe even taking them out. Giving the rest of us something to look forward to. Instead we got this. Best case now is there removal and rebalance and even when reintroduced they will be nothing but bad memories.

• Like 2

I dont fully agree with the above.

Ghost ships should be able to attack anything. Cause if you do not allow that, you will have massive fleets of rafts.

I like the idea of 3-5 ghost ships per grid. And just leave it at that.

Other than that, and the connections issues: GREAT game! Keep up the good work. Thank you.

1 minute ago, McGimp said:

+1

Β 

what should have been and otherwise was a good patch turned into an absolute shit show.

how cool would it have been, had then been rare, to see screen shots and videos of highend players and content creators seeing these things maybe even taking them out. Giving the rest of us something to look forward to. Instead we got this. Best case now is there removal and rebalance and even when reintroduced they will be nothing but bad memories.

Be very careful if they take something out it will most definitely negatively affect at least 5 different other aspects of the game. My guess would be a bug that would disable players making ships in general.Β 

Remember, these guys aren’t good at programming so I guarantee ghost ships are connected to a lot of other things

3 minutes ago, DOA said:

Ghost ships should be able to attack anything. Cause if you do not allow that, you will have massive fleets of rafts.

Other than that, and the connections issues: GREAT game! Keep up the good work. Thank you.

They aren’t really doing good work. Every update comes with a new bug that wasn’t there before. One step forward and one step back isn’t goodΒ 

2 minutes ago, DOA said:

The only reason there is a massive fleet of rafts now is because of the ghost ships. Sure the maps are big enough for 3-5, but where's the ghost ship illusion? At night only under starry skies and moonlit nights. Or coming out of severe nighttime typhoons! Not just have them spawn in with a % chance like every other creature.

2 minutes ago, BoneHacker said:

The only reason there is a massive fleet of rafts now is because of the ghost ships. Sure the maps are big enough for 3-5, but where's the ghost ship illusion? At night only under starry skies and moonlit nights. Or coming out of severe nighttime typhoons! Not just have them spawn in with a % chance like every other creature.

I know you want this to be a pirate game and all but this is really just a game for mega companies to go and squash small companies. This game will never be what you envisionedΒ 

1 hour ago, Realist said:

I know you want this to be a pirate game and all but this is really just a game for mega companies to go and squash small companies. This game will never be what you envisionedΒ 

Yeah but I hope its the vision that gets achieved. Mr. Pessimist lol

3 minutes ago, BoneHacker said:

Yeah but I hope its the vision that gets achieved. Mr. Pessimist lol

Nope, you said my name wrong.

i don’t think you understood their vision. They want to make money. They made a really good trailer to get everyone hyped, knowing full well they would piss people off. They also knew the hardcore ark fans would stay because they are used to this kind of buggy mess. They also knew most of the others wouldn’t be able to get a refund after a certain amount of time.

why do you think they aren’t bothering to hype up anymore?Β 

They made this game for their hardcore fan base, not for casual players. These hardcore players are the ones that don’t work and spend 20 hours a day on this game.

it isn’t pessimism when you know for sure what will happen. That is just being real after that πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Nope, you said my name wrong.

i don’t think you understood their vision. They want to make money. They made a really good trailer to get everyone hyped, knowing full well they would piss people off. They also knew the hardcore ark fans would stay because they are used to this kind of buggy mess. They also knew most of the others wouldn’t be able to get a refund after a certain amount of time.

why do you think they aren’t bothering to hype up anymore?Β 

They made this game for their hardcore fan base, not for casual players. These hardcore players are the ones that don’t work and spend 20 hours a day on this game.

it isn’t pessimism when you know for sure what will happen. That is just being real after that πŸ‘πŸ˜‰

I completely understand where you are coming from. And will probably agree with you in 2-3 years.

If we want to be realists, then we should note this game is extremely EA. It's a cool concept if they can pull it off. You're just saying they are basically done and doing the bare minimum now that they made their money. Yet it's still daily updates.
Early Access, they said there was still 2-3 more years of development. And in all reality Ark was a great game because of unofficial servers. Tons of people spent good time on there.

And this game isn't bad, they just are pushing out silly things when there are bigger issues to be working on. Not balancing the game, but adding quality content (in some cases means balancing).

Being realist here, I can tell you that neither of us know for sure where this game will go.

My OP was to bring to light easy quick fixes and what should be done, and as I'm sure is what people expected the ghost ships to be. I'm trying to be constructive and you're just pooping on the parade with no constructive comments. So I tip my hat to you sir and bid you good day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoneHacker said:

I completely understand where you are coming from. And will probably agree with you in 2-3 years.

If we want to be realists, then we should note this game is extremely EA. It's a cool concept if they can pull it off. You're just saying they are basically done and doing the bare minimum now that they made their money. Yet it's still daily updates.
Early Access, they said there was still 2-3 more years of development. And in all reality Ark was a great game because of unofficial servers. Tons of people spent good time on there.

And this game isn't bad, they just are pushing out silly things when there are bigger issues to be working on. Not balancing the game, but adding quality content (in some cases means balancing).

Being realist here, I can tell you that neither of us know for sure where this game will go.

My OP was to bring to light easy quick fixes and what should be done, and as I'm sure is what people expected the ghost ships to be. I'm trying to be constructive and you're just pooping on the parade with no constructive comments. So I tip my hat to you sir and bid you good day.

Hey that’s cool. We don’t have to agree on everything. The world would be pretty boring if we did.

and technically you are right, I don’t know withΒ absolute certainty that atlas will fail completely.Β 

I do however know that history does repeat itself. Bad news for wildcard is a lot of people already know they are horrible before hand. They are at a disadvantage this time since we know about their BS already.

a lot don’t want to walk the same path twiceΒ 

The spawn chance and max spawn per server settings need to be adjusted. Keep it how it is now for ruins servers.

Β 

As for everyone coming on the forums to cry about how the games dead, games broke...

Its Early Access, less then a month, been a dumpster fire, but the game is fun. Its playable. Its better then any other survival sandbox to date. Go to the store and buy some tissues. If you didn't think problems like this were going to happen in an early access game in this genre then listen to the people who have been thru this process before. Things need to be tweaked. Server setting files need to be adjusted. If you have your own server you can do it yourself, or you can wait and deal with the Official servers like everyone else.

I like the game quite a bit, i fully understand that its early access. That being said - i have been reset back to square one almost as many times as there are days since release. The vast vast vast majority of those resets being due to server stability and bugs. Not to mention the hours of being completely blocked from logging in at all, while masses of people have no problems logging in.Β 

In a game with this like land claims, these issues are managable, just not all at once and certainly not as random as they hve been. Some players cruising to end game the rest dying to game issues.

So yes, i like many others who share my experience, have come to the forums to vent.Β 

Β 

Again, we all understand what early access means. But that doesnt mean there should be ZERO accountability. And it doesnt mean people dont have the right to complain. Reminding them that its EA does nothing but piss them off more. They know its EA. Thats not the point.

I replied to a post about how i feel towards the ships of the damnedΒ 

30 minutes ago, Lillica said:

I feel that the ships of the damned shouldnt be as (hyper agressive) as they are now still due to seeing usually more than 2 at a time.

I propose either making them either only agro if a ship has cannons on it, (this will still allow people to do trade runs in smaller ships without fear of getting sunk just traveling to the island north of them, etc.)

Or.... make them passive unless provoked, keeping thier pathing away from shoreline (yet still able to shoot if someone hogs the shore in thier ship)Β so they cant get stuck and pickaxed to death (atm this is the most effective way to kill them) and only target ships that have done damage to them to avoid sinking anchored ships after pulling agro

i see these as a mid to high tier boss, and atm they are just high tier bosses

Β 

10 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

The spawn chance and max spawn per server settings need to be adjusted. Keep it how it is now for ruins servers.

Β 

As for everyone coming on the forums to cry about how the games dead, games broke...

Its Early Access, less then a month, been a dumpster fire, but the game is fun. Its playable. Its better then any other survival sandbox to date. Go to the store and buy some tissues. If you didn't think problems like this were going to happen in an early access game in this genre then listen to the people who have been thru this process before. Things need to be tweaked. Server setting files need to be adjusted. If you have your own server you can do it yourself, or you can wait and deal with the Official servers like everyone else.

Early access isn’t a blanket excuse for everything πŸ˜‚

mans yeah the game isn’t dead but it sure is broke πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Early access isn’t a blanket excuse for everything πŸ˜‚

mans yeah the game isn’t dead but it sure is broke πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

No its not. But its been less then a month on a game that is not coming out for 2 or 3 years and you are just trolling at this point.

If you don't think you are trolling, maybe try to understand my point of view. Why do I think you are trolling?

Because your responses are only saying negative statements that only server to make you feel better with no actual talk about how to make the game better. Maybe if we were in a forum all about you I could accept that. But this is an Atlas Forum. A game in early access that came out less then a month ago and the only thing you have to add to the conversation is "Games Dead. Games Broke. I spam faces."

But thanks for making the day go by faster.

1 minute ago, wakko151 said:

No its not. But its been less then a month on a game that is not coming out for 2 or 3 years and you are just trolling at this point.

If you don't think you are trolling, maybe try to understand my point of view. Why do I think you are trolling?

Because your responses are only saying negative statements that only server to make you feel better with no actual talk about how to make the game better. Maybe if we were in a forum all about you I could accept that. But this is an Atlas Forum. A game in early access that came out less then a month ago and the only thing you have to add to the conversation is "Games Dead. Games Broke. I spam faces."

But thanks for making the day go by faster.

Nah, I have had a good amount of normal conversations with people that I disagree with here. And after we argued for awhile we came to an understanding. Happened plenty of times.

what I won’t do is let people get away with giving excuses for every single failure and bad decision. Not going to happen and I will always be here to call it out.

they are not doing a good job right now and I will keep saying it until I believe they are doing a good job πŸ‘Β 

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nah, I have had a good amount of normal conversations with people that I disagree with here. And after we argued for awhile we came to an understanding. Happened plenty of times.

what I won’t do is let people get away with giving excuses for every single failure and bad decision. Not going to happen and I will always be here to call it out.

they are not doing a good job right now and I will keep saying it until I believe they are doing a good job πŸ‘Β 

But how is changing my mind going to accomplish your goal?

• Haha 1

we took off on 2 Schooners..... lost one right after a crossing into a freeport, where 2 ghost ships were encountered.... at a FREEPORT!!! wtf o.O
Ghost ship design.... NOT pirate fitting at all.... WAY too futuristic imho πŸ˜•
Level 25 ghosties are red btw...
bec36f85547aa791aed20e322a195543-jpg.jpg

Edited by Rita Longlegs