Gorelander

Ship Stats - Sturdiness -"Offshore Items Spoiling"?

Hey all,

One of the ship stats  you can level on your ship is sturdiness.  According to the game this improves "offshore items spoiling".  What items do you think this includes?  I'm hoping this would slow down the spoil timer of food.

I've been trying to find ways to stop my crew from starving while offline.  I'm hoping if I level this stat it might help.

Thanks in advance for your input.

3 hours ago, Gorelander said:

Hey all,

One of the ship stats  you can level on your ship is sturdiness.  According to the game this improves "offshore items spoiling".  What items do you think this includes?  I'm hoping this would slow down the spoil timer of food.

I've been trying to find ways to stop my crew from starving while offline.  I'm hoping if I level this stat it might help.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Yes it is supposed to be food. They have seen it happen with my boat. On the other hand I have seen it not work for other people as well so it is probably another busted mechanic.

Well that's good and bad news. 

It's good news because there is a mechanic to keep your crew from starving on a boat.  It's bad news because we don't know if it actually works, and there's no clear quantified spoil timer we can see (such as crew capacity) to see if it makes a difference.  All I can do is put food in the larder and see how quickly it spoils. 

The second thing I'm doing is when a crew member levels up, I level their food stat.  Thirdly I'm going to see if I can create preserved food although I've yet to come across salt.

My goal is to get my crew to survive starvation for longer than 1/2 week, ideally a week (with preserved food in the larder).  This is a good amount of time to be offline in case I get busy IRL.  It's silly I have to level my ship/ crew to match my offline habits rather than my online play style.

Devs if you read this, please slow the starvation on crew members when players are offline.  Secondly while we're at it, please slow down the age timer as aging 1 year every day IRL is ridiculous.

you could build a silo on the shore where you anchor and put some berries in that one... lasts forever.

14 hours ago, Nacona said:

you could build a silo on the shore where you anchor and put some berries in that one... lasts forever.

Awesome tip even though I had to spend the remainder of my skill points for Esotery Of Building, it will be worth not having to worry about crew starving.  I'm assuming it won't feed tames?   If not, that's the next challenge to overcome.   I've been levelling my bear's food stat to see how long he can last without me logging on and feeding him via the trough.

Edited by Gorelander

On 12/30/2021 at 5:31 AM, Gorelander said:

Awesome tip even though I had to spend the remainder of my skill points for Esotery Of Building, it will be worth not having to worry about crew starving.  I'm assuming it won't feed tames?   If not, that's the next challenge to overcome.   I've been levelling my bear's food stat to see how long he can last without me logging on and feeding him via the trough.

tames can stand it very very long... if you put farmed plants/fruits into the trough. If you are on PVE I asume you build a wall around your tames that they do not get stolen by other players... this is possible after some days.

• Like 1