WaifuKiller

Creature Spawns

Are they gonna fix the land creature spawn?

It's kind of hard trying to gather mats when every 2 sec a croc, 2 giant snakes and a wolf spawn right behind you.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Like 1

Strangely, I just logged in saw only 1 Croc on the shore and an Alpha Vulture.  I actually managed to get some Fiber!!  You see, next time it will be overrun with them.

49 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Strangely, I just logged in saw only 1 Croc on the shore and an Alpha Vulture.  I actually managed to get some Fiber!!  You see, next time it will be overrun with them.

They always come back. It seems that when you go out of render range it gets back to normal for a bit then the spawns get out of control and don't stop until they reach crazy numbers.

When I first arrived and claimed my little domain I thought, "Right, clear the beach, start gathering and then some building..." and blithely set off to do so.  Seventy-two arrows expended in minutes and the beach was no emptier than it was when I started.  I honestly got the feeling they were spawning as fast as I was killing them.  I was spamming E to try and get fiber for arrows as I evaded the beasties and managed to get about six bits in total.  It seems from this and the Steam forum that everyone has the same problem.

1 hour ago, Coggage said:

When I first arrived and claimed my little domain I thought, "Right, clear the beach, start gathering and then some building..." and blithely set off to do so.  Seventy-two arrows expended in minutes and the beach was no emptier than it was when I started.  I honestly got the feeling they were spawning as fast as I was killing them.  I was spamming E to try and get fiber for arrows as I evaded the beasties and managed to get about six bits in total.  It seems from this and the Steam forum that everyone has the same problem.

The worst part is that while the devs acknowledged this for the ships of the dead they refuse to do so for the same issue on islands.

It may be a fluke but the last two brief visits I have made to my patch have shown a lot less spawns on the beach.. I saw no Alphas (unusual in itself) and less Croc spawns with maybe one on the beach I can see and a couple more along the beach out of aggro range.  I hope it continues!!

I understand the ship spawns and know they are working on it but the predator spawns have been a problem since day 1 and they have not said anything about it except the little patch on the alphas, it's a big issue for alot of players that needs something done

• Thanks 1

I wish I  had your mobs....  No I have Alpha Lions (Is it a bird is it a plane no its ALPHA LION)...

Freaking built a tower 50 ft high so I could snipe it from above...  He jumps up grabs me in his jaws and pulls me off the damn tower!!!  The damn thing can FLY...

And as for trying to kill it well you need a cannon or something because 200 arrows isn't enough!!!

Well, strangely, I made two brief visits to my claim earlier this afternoon and I noticed then that the spawns were markedly lower than yesterday.  No Alphas and maybe 2 Crocs I could see whereas yesterday it was a seething mass of Crocs, Snakes and Alphas all over the beach.  Two or three would hit my anchored raft, I'd have to try and kite them away and in the process picked up as many hostile mobs as I shook off.  I couldn't gather ANYTHING without being constantly attacked - gather 5 or 6 Fiber and I was attacked and had to run and try ad infinitum - and as for digging for water, well, that was utterly out of the question.  I had to die and spawn on my raft just because I couldn't get any water

I logged in about 20 minutes ago and it was even quieter!  There's a large sloped rocky outcrop which was a war zone between Elephants vs Snakes vs Crocodiles and there was ONE Giant Snake having a go at a bird.  I saw one Croc and it went pretty close to me - well within what would have been the usual aggro range - and it just walked past.  It almost freaked me out!!  Astoundingly, I was able to dig for Water TWICE, uninterrupted and unmolested.  That freaked me out as well!  🙂

I really, really hope this is because they fixed animal spawns and I didn't notice the patch...