Sign in to follow this  
Garfi

Fountain of Youth

Guys help me out here I am wandering about looking like a crumpled prune.

What have they done with the fountain of youth. I have visited and been massacred in three zones looking for the classic old cave of doom and its circle of power thing. Found nothing but hundreds of indestructible supper high level mobs, Army of the damned and strange huge ogre looking beasts with clubs.

I have a feeling the 'You must group for everything' club has came out again and I am about fucking finished with that shit.

@Garfi

F7 SSW shoreline

Click on the FoY tab, while viewing the large atlas map for an approximate location

Bring creme brulee and alchohol to make it easier

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 2

Thanks Ranger the one in G5 is an old cave one as well. Had tried E5, E6 and F5 before finding the G5 one. 

I did the one in E5 (Center of the southwest side of Sinkasing Island).  A few things I noticed that may make things easier.  Take a boat with cannons or ballistas.  I took a brig and my cannons and ballistas were on the back so I backed the boat in.  You can back ALL the way in.  It feels wrong, but nothing will aggro if you stay on the boat.  Even the fire elementals were just passing through my boat.  It's when you get off the boat things attack you.  So basically I cleared out the beach and entrance leading to the cave.  A lot of times I couldn't kill the gorgons before they got too close to the ship.  No problem though, they stay aggroed on the ship for a while so you can just jump over them and run in.  Also you can put a catapult on your ship to launch yourself from.  Choose "load into catapult" and you will be placed in the catapult where you can aim it and launch yourself.  Even better equip a glider and hit the spacebar when you reach max height.  Might want to practice this somewhere else to get the hang of it.  Also make sure if you set your crew to target or auto attack that they do not hit the fire elementals.  They will wreck you.  Stop them from firing when you see an elemental patrolling over.  Do not even get off the ship if an elemental is nearby.  Lastly you might be unlucky and end up with a lion or wolf near the cave entrance.  Just kite it back to the ship instead of trying to run past it.  At least then if you die you will be able to take them out with the ship.  

Edited by McDangles