benjaxp360

Weird bug, or just mutiny?

Hey everyone. 

So I just built a galleon, and filled it to the brim with crew, manning all my 60 cannons. Aparently they suddently dismount the cannon whenever ordered to fire. I thought it might be the range of the ammo box, so I moved it to the center of the ship with the resource box and larder. They all get food, os I'm asuming the range is fine now. But they still do it. I have 5 cannons in the open at the back and they seem to work fine. I'm using medium cannons with large gunports. Is that the issue? I really have no idea. Please give me your thoughts on this pecuiliar bug.

It’s not an issue of medium cannons in large gun ports. It could be a bug that I had thought they’d fixed.

Have you opened the gun ports to allow them to fire? If so, check and make sure there is nothing immediately around them that may be interfering.

Also, unlike the resource chest you can have multiple ammo boxes. I typically put one ammo box fore and another aft and a larder beside both.

I have opened all of the mmanually. For some reason only one of the cannons with gunports are synced with it. All the others are not synced. When I press R on the steering wheel the ports don't open, and when I mount the cannon myself I can't shoot out of the gunport, it just throws me off the cannon. Also the travel trail ends right infront of the barrel, as if it was a regular plank and not a gunport. Very strange

Check your firing groups. They replace your hot bar and have to be purple for them to be selected.

At the bottom of each box is a number for how many cannons are each group. You can set each cannon individually to a group.

Its not about the groups, when I order them to aim I get the lines as if they are ready to fire, but when released they dismount. When I try to fire manually the green arc ends emmediatly on the gunport window. Also, when I place the cannons down, they don't snap.

If nothing is blocking them (or even placed around them) and they snapped into position when placed and your firing groups are setup right then its possible its a bug.  I'd report what game mode you are playing.  If its multiple player which server?  Might be specific to the game mode and/or server.

Edited by DocHolliday

The cannons did not snap into position? That’s likely the root of your problems then. I suspect they’re detecting a collision with the gun port, and because they’re not snapped to it the gun port won’t open properly.

Try removing and replacing one cannon and see if that helps. I’ve never had it not snap to the gun port.

I'm playing singleplayer. I can't find anyone who's had the same issue, yet alone anyone who's fixed it. This was gamebreaking for me since I spent a whole week gathering enoug stuff alone just to deck out a faulty ship that can't even fire it's cannons. Damn.

The next question is, are you using any mods that deal with gunports or whatnot. Had that issue when I was using TS mods before it went defunct, you couldn't snap regular cannons in a TS Gunport, had to use the TS guns, otherwise they wouldn't snap in, you could still place the med cannons near the gunport because you can place them anywhere, but they won't work properly or be activated when opening the gunport unless they are snapped in. If you are not using any mods, then it is a collision issue with another structure, and the structure doesn't necessarily have to be right next to it, it can be a floor above or below the plane, so clear the area all around the gunport, place the gun in, then see if it works, then replace one piece at a time around it and test the gun each time til you find the collision piece.

They are all from the same mod, checked them all. I will try to place down the cannon with the gunport opened instead of closed and see if it has any diffrence

The cannon has to snap in place.  If you place it without it snapping into place it will NOT work.

Also take a screen shot of your cannon setups inside the ship.  Maybe we can gleam some additional info from that.