Sign in to follow this  
McGimp

Ghost ships in lawless

So my ship along with 80% of my zones ships were just destroyed by a ghost ship. I ahve no issue with these being in the game, but i have an honest question - what is the purpose of lawless zones? I thought it was a jumping off zone to craft a sloop and get into the real content. Yet a sloop cant contend with a ghost ship. So whats the point of a sloop? whats the point of lawless zones?

Is there any intention to roll these the servers back so i get my ship back? Or is this working as intended? If its working as intended im afraid im done with this game, which is a shame as i have over 30 hours invested and i thought it had a lot of potential.

Also i posted this in the bug forums as i believe it wasnt the devs intent to destroy ~80% of the players boats.

hoping for a response, if not, whatever. Im tired of starting over and hoping things become playable.

They're going to be making changes to the ghost ships in a patch later tonight to prevent this (you can see the changes in the patch note thread) but doesn't sound like a rollback is going to happen.  

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

They're going to be making changes to the ghost ships in a patch later tonight to prevent this (you can see the changes in the patch note thread) but doesn't sound like a rollback is going to happen.  

what good is a patch for the im guessing  - majority of players who lost their ships already? Just take is as - oh, well.. early access guys? right guys? early access!! 

If they dont roll back im sure i wont be the only one who quits. though i guess they already have my money so whats the difference. 

Edited by McGimp

2 minutes ago, Mr.Renderd said:

yeah... you said it. Early Access. Here I cropped something when you decided to purchase the game.

EA.png

Early access doesnt generally mean a reboot to progression ever 2 days. Actually, in my experience it has never meant that. Especially when its not a server wipe but just a wipe for the unlucky few. You seem like the type of person who lives on their knees though. So, ill just leave it at this - Early access doesnt mean the devs have no accountability for their decisions or screw ups. And sometimes people just want to be heard - linking that shit that we have all read does nothing but make you look weak.

16 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Early access doesnt generally mean a reboot to progression ever 2 days. Actually, in my experience it has never meant that. Especially when its not a server wipe but just a wipe for the unlucky few. You seem like the type of person who lives on their knees though. So, ill just leave it at this - Early access doesnt mean the devs have no accountability for their decisions or screw ups. And sometimes people just want to be heard - linking that shit that we have all read does nothing but make you look weak.

It generally doesn't mean reboot every 2 days but it can. Changes need to be made, systems need to best tested and that's what EA is. Could mean a total wipe down the road just after you make your galleon or w/e. Be prepared and set expectations for yourself. If you need to put it down then do it. They did say before release there looking at. 2 year EA process. When I purchased I expected stuff to happen. I couldn't log in first acouple days , tried failed did something else. I'm enjoying my time in atlas I have had bugs I have logged in with storage containers gone with all my mats, dying like 20 times a session because of nasty beasts, logged In and respawned in ocean loosing everything on me, it sucks but I expected issues. If they become to much I'll come back after it's been fleshed out but I expected this as soon as I purchased an EA tittle. Stay away completely from the EA section if you can't do that or at least wait to see how it is before purchasing.

No one said there wasn't any accountability, but you are purchasing and unfinished product willingly, don't expect things to be working like a finished one

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hackjob said:

It generally doesn't mean reboot every 2 days but it can. Changes need to be made, systems need to best tested and that's what EA is. Could mean a total wipe down the road just after you make your galleon or w/e. Be prepared and set expectations for yourself. If you need to put it down then do it. They did say before release there looking at. 2 year EA process. When I purchased I expected stuff to happen. I couldn't log in first acouple days , tried failed did something else. I'm enjoying my time in atlas I have had bugs I have logged in with storage containers gone with all my mats, dying like 20 times a session because of nasty beasts, logged In and respawned in ocean loosing everything on me, it sucks but I expected issues. If they become to much I'll come back after it's been fleshed out but I expected this as soon as I purchased an EA tittle. Stay away completely from the EA section if you can't do that or at least wait to see how it is before purchasing.

No one said there wasn't any accountability, but you are purchasing and unfinished product willingly, don't expect things to be working like a finished one

dont need to work as a finished product, they just need to work at all.

I dont mean to sound like a cunt. Im just frustrated, as are im guessing the multitude of players who died to faulty mechanics with no response from the devs.

Edited by McGimp

I have also not seen a single response as to the original question. what is the purpose of the sloop if ghost ships spawn in lawless. It has zero advantage over other ships, speed manuverability - nothing. So why would anyone build one if its guaranteed death to a ghost ship. Genuine question, maybe we can talk it out and actually get some valuable feedback in this thread.

2 minutes ago, McGimp said:

I have also not seen a single response as to the original question. what is the purpose of the sloop if ghost ships spawn in lawless. It has zero advantage over other ships, speed manuverability - nothing. So why would anyone build one if its guaranteed death to a ghost ship. Genuine question, maybe we can talk it out and actually get some valuable feedback in this thread.

You bought with a disclaimer saying that it might barely work. It does work, they met their end of the deal so long as they continue to patch the game.

When you started putting hours into the game, you should have kept in mind the volatility of the game in what is essentially a beta state. We lost 3 ships already, building the 4th. Ghost ships were a bug, but that's to be expected.

Solution is for the game industry to move away from releasing unfinished games, but that will not happen because everyone buys them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canti said:

You bought with a disclaimer saying that it might barely work. It does work, they met their end of the deal so long as they continue to patch the game.

When you started putting hours into the game, you should have kept in mind the volatility of the game in what is essentially a beta state. We lost 3 ships already, building the 4th. Ghost ships were a bug, but that's to be expected.

Solution is for the game industry to move away from releasing unfinished games, but that will not happen because everyone buys them.

And people like you defend them.

Also, you didnt bother to touch on my question. they released patch notes for a patch later tonight that only marginally nerfs ghost ships. They are not a bug, they were working as intended.

Edited by McGimp

14 minutes ago, McGimp said:

it's cheap

15 minutes ago, McGimp said:

I dont mean to sound like a cunt.

Sorry to break it to you but you are failing.

If a video game can really get you this angry it is surely time to step away from it and perhaps have a look at deeper problems

Just now, Kanwulf said:

Sorry to break it to you but you are failing.

If a video game can really get you this angry it is surely time to step away from it and perhaps have a look at deeper problems

If you enjoy something during the good times but dont get angry during the bad maybe its time to look inward yourself my friend. Passion is a thing, maybe you just dont have any.

2 minutes ago, strawman said:

it's cheap

What good is cheap, if it literally cant function. It can be free but if you arnet able to use it its.. well.. useless.

wow man that sounds deep, stupid but deep   lol

It's a Video Game... actually a 5 day old video game in early development and testing stages.

first world problems of an entitled generation I guess, just please don't stroke out, that would be a horrible reason to go.

Just now, Kanwulf said:

wow man that sounds deep, stupid but deep   lol

It's a Video Game... actually a 5 day old video game in early development and testing stages.

first world problems of an entitled generation I guess, just please don't stroke out, that would be a horrible reason to go.

Another dime store troll. Walk away lol.