Ostkinferno

Idea for a massive MMO realm

i really love this game as im sure most do as we keep playing. 

i was thinking about how this games future could be enhanced to make it better and bring more players cause lets all admit half the fun is the social aspect. So i came up with some ideas that MAY work and may NOT. 

I'd first start off by combining all realms into 1. PVE and PVP EU and NA. 1 massive MMO. Then id partition the grid into two worlds 12x5/ 12x15. the "west" 12x15 would be a spawn selection for any NA player that chooses to live there or even EU if they choose. and the "east" 12x15 would be the EU spawn port and na should they choose. Each side would be controlled in their perspective regions in real life to reduce lag or however its maintained now. Each grid would also hold 80 percent of all the resources found in the game where the other 20 percent would require you to travel to either Eu or NA sectors to find.

Id remove ALL freeport zones and add 1 freeport island that is unbuildable upon and add islands to the rest of the grid to act as PVE zones with some of the old freeports being lawless and others being settler zoned. I would increase the numbers of these grids as well to reflect a better PVE game mode and ensure that a player is able to journey from 1 pve zone to another if not directly then swiftly upon entering a pvp zone if entered a corner. Id then remove all current lawless zones and turn them into PVPVE where the new added AI pirates would reside and sail and live. where both PVP players AND pve players can beat up on the AI ONLY.

Lastly id the remove all Current settler lands and switch them to PVP only zones both lawless and settler. Again spacing them out and adding enough that so a person could travel from a pvp zone to another withought having to go into PVE unless by a corner and can swiftly turn to a pvp zone.

so now that the zones are defined id work the system as such. Any player can freely roam to any grid he or she chooses and their own discretion. However all PVP actions have cooldown timers connected to both the ships. player and company. meaning if your mainly a pve player but you decide one day to test your hand in pvp and you engage in pvp you would have a cooldown timer before you could re enter any pve zone. weather that be 12 hours. a day. 2 days even 4 days. This would give the opposing side a chance to attack back and keep players from attacking and running back to pve. This timer would effect all players in the realm that engage in PVP.  so everyone equally gets this penalty for entering PVE after engaging in PVP battle.

the ramining 15 grids unassigned would be powerstone islands and kraken spawn spread out randomly in the realm where all current laws and remain. the kraken however would be in a PVE zoned only since having that in a pvp zone is obvious a major recipe for trolling. 

this is the base of it id love player feedback feel free tag me up maybe together we can add to it or edit it and grapeshot would listen

• Like 1

So it would be like now where PVP hide in Freeports... only with this idea they can build in those protected areas... that kills PVP... there will only be arena fights...

Also thanks to the vroken PVE the big guys will push the luttle guys out if the PVE zones... so while they are protected, they feed on the little guys stuck in PVP, making them leave this now more broken game...

Please start to finally inderstand that yiur stuff is save in PVP if land PVP would be balanced so the defender actually could build meanigful protections...

Dont change what is working, change what is broken...

Anything else will make it worst...!

I like the idea of combining all the servers that way, I dont like your idea of removing the freeports and making pvp only zones.   Would these zones just be on the current system that claims are on?  Also sheep is correct, companies would claim as many pve lands as possible to try to not let more players into the game. 

Could rebalance that by making pve islands cost triple the island points, and possibly have higher upkeep on them. 

6 hours ago, Mike L said:

Could rebalance that by making pve islands cost triple the island points, and possibly have higher upkeep on them. 

You can make it 100x the cost... it is cheaper than having 300-500 NPC to pay and still loose all your stuff in an attack anyway and have to start again... in PVE you do not need defense NPCs and don't loose your shit...
See how on PVP everyone tries to get his stuff save in a Freeport somehow and how the Devs have to nerf that... because if it would be viable to stay in PVP Freeport everyone would...

I made some suggestions how to get PVE players on the PVP servers... There would be PVP on the sea, so there should be no more complains by the PVE-Bobs about boring sailing...
But on land the claimed islands would be PVE protected all the time while the claim flag circle would be PVP all the time... unless the claim flag falls you are in PVE... also because the fight is around the claim flag it could be an incentive to not wipe the settlers (maybe by making claims more expensive with significant drop in price for more settlers on the island)...
Then settlers are like a resource - you want it, you fight for it, therefore you protect them... wiping settlers would be bad for your rep, they vote with their feet...

The reason Atlas has soo many freaking freeport zones is because when they launched, having only two was a mess of congestion.  Now that players can choose to start where ever, think they can do with less freeport, yes?  I do agree with resource rich zones that are full NO BUILD ones or at least islands if not entire grids, those would be Pvp hot spots and be areas everyone would want to go to get stuff, they could even add more content like, static npc villages and goodies that no one could block off if there is no build, but, would maybe want to not go in solo because, could have pvp campers waiting for you 😛

To further that, maybe "capture the island grids" where you have control over a resource rich island via ship presence and while you have control over that island anything farmed from it gives bonus to  your bank.  Hot spots around the island (out in the water) needs to be held to achieve this.. just an idea. If someone is holding it, they wouldn't mind people farming from the island, they would only mind other ships contesting the hot spot?

Edited by Liatni

i feel like some yall didnt even read this just skimmed over it got what you wanted outta it then commented lol.. first pvpers wouldnt be able to hide in pve. as i suggested any recent pvp actions would have a timer that would lock you out from entering a pve zone forcing you to stay in the pvp zones for whatever alotted time ppl thought fair. i feel 24hrs is a decent timer. this is a dual sword it would contest the already pvp fighting and hiding in freeport currently being used. second there would be a freeport in a sence but it would be just 1 islands located in select pve zones. and itd be unbuildable upon as it stands now. i dont mind the feedback together we can all come up with a great format but at least read the stuff all way if your not

On 9/4/2019 at 8:52 PM, Mike L said:

I like the idea of combining all the servers that way, I dont like your idea of removing the freeports and making pvp only zones.   Would these zones just be on the current system that claims are on?  Also sheep is correct, companies would claim as many pve lands as possible to try to not let more players into the game. 

yeah i didnt even think of that. i guess either making a 1 time fortune fee to buy islands or put a limit on number of islands 1 company can hold????? the easy bypass there is making a second tribe or allign with one. But its not out of reasons that a pvp tribe would want land in both pvp and pve just as a pve player would want land in pvp and pve. but would diffenetly have to implemement a within reason safety net to slow exploiters trying to push people out of the game

PVPer always wants the PVE island 4DaWin!...

And if you have such a PVP timer on you, well everyone will have two companies and just move gear from PVP to PVE... like drop your PVP stuff and look away while someone comes by and picks it up by chance... and you know the guy...

Please dont tell me the items would transfer the PVP timer to the new owner... than one just need to find a open box form his enemy and put it in, basically giving him a free war token by forcing his enemy into PVP rught on the spot... like police planting drugs on you to bust you...

Any such system is too exploitable - if there is just one option to be save the most aggressive PVP oriented players will use it... anyone else would be stupid not to...

Again there is no need for this... just fix PVP so you can protect yourself and dont need to cry for outside protections...