Sign in to follow this  
kilonkasio

Golden Age Issues

So I like the idea of having an island with super creatures on it but currently we cannot find a way to effectively run any golden age without basically running naked...

-Sea support is useless unless your using all balistas which is material expensive ammo and repairs wise

-Grapeshot works on normal creatures (wolves, lions etc) but not on the AOD or fire elementals (which are everywhere beyond the shore)

-Going in with gear is asking to lose it since nothing you craft can keep you alive or kill anything in there fast enough so you don't die. Sure a rifle can do decent damage to a high level lion or AOD but when 20 are running at you and you have basically 1 shot kinda doesnt work...

So less I''m missing something, there isn't a way to really run any golden age and explore the island without bringing the entire british army out there with you which would in turn drag the ping down for the server since most servers can't handle more that 15 people without the ping jumping to 150 plus.

My suggestion, make weapons such as cannons, swivels, catapults, etc more effective. This way ships can provide support, bear carts can be used and you might stand a chance then.

I am torn on this.  Do we want to make it easier?  Isn't it part of the mystique of this place that its a deathtrap?  Go there at your own peril and do not expect to come back?  I dunno about this one. 

Edited by DocHolliday

IK feel ya on that but my thing is we can respawn on a boat... soooo we can just keep trying. Plus theyre trying to make it more enticing to go there but its impossible almost to complete what they are wanting (fight AoDs, actually fight our way into the power stone, fight toe to toe with the hydra and not use a barrage of balista bolts)

We use what we are given and get it done.  We have solos that farm Hydras for the mythos.  Small groups rushing for power stones or FoY are fairly easy.  Sometimes it takes a half dozen runs, but rarely more then that unless there are a million people there causing mayhem and extra spawns.  I find it easiest with only 2-3 people.  

EDIT:  OH and the biggest thing.  If someone just ran it before you try to.  Wait.  Let all the mobs in the cave despawn.  I don't know exact time.  We wait like 15-20 minutes.  Then we run it naked and by the time I am hitting E to get my power stone the mobs are just starting to spawn in the cave.  Immediately jump off the land bridge to pull the mobs down in the pit for anyone else coming in after you.  This is key.  Always jump down below to pull mobs into the pit to keep it as clear as possible.

If I am trying to kill AoD for levels, gold, etc I just find an area that has very few if not any of the mythic mobs.  There are traditional gaps in their spawns and roaming that we use.  Each island is a bit different obviously.  Need to scout it out.  From there I can go to the middle of the island quite easily.  Just ride a bear for safety as the high level mobs are nasty on foot.  Not impossible, but its just safer on bear.  Blunderbusses do good damage to all creatures on the island from what I have seen.  Range is the biggest drawback of course. 

Edited by DocHolliday

Powerstone cave can be done by dragging aod to water under the bridge. All scorps bats and snakes are easy to kill with a couple of oil jars. Put oil jar down and lay down next to it to kill all the bats.

A good crab can take down almost anything on golden age. Only mythical creatures will be a pain.