Sign in to follow this  
Jezzicles

Trash the Vitamin System

1. You get vitamin D from the sun. If you live in anywhere but the arctic, the vitamin D warning shouldn't exist.

2. Vitamin C is water soluble so you cannot die from eating berries. You would piss it out. You would have to take a bunch of concentrated supplements to get sick.

3. Vitamin B is also water soluble, you piss it out and can't die from eating steaks. You would have to take a bunch of concentrated supplements to get sick.

Basically, the vitamin system is bad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jezzicles said:

1. You get vitamin D from the sun. If you live in anywhere but the arctic, the vitamin D warning shouldn't exist.

2. Vitamin C is water soluble so you cannot die from eating berries. You would piss it out. You would have to take a bunch of concentrated supplements to get sick.

3. Vitamin B is also water soluble, you piss it out and can't die from eating steaks. You would have to take a bunch of concentrated supplements to get sick.

Basically, the vitamin system is bad.

Well yeah. They just threw it in to be “innovative” they are anywhere close to be smart enough to be doctors or nutritionists for that matter 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Well yeah. They just threw it in to be “innovative” they are anywhere close to be smart enough to be doctors or nutritionists for that matter 😂

You can find this stuff out in like 5 minutes of googling... Unless we're all playing some sort of alien beings, their vitamin system is just dead wrong.

Deficiencies of Vitamin C and B are possible... but you'd never get deficient on those in this game because you have to eat in between axe swings so you don't starve to death on your front lawn.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jezzicles said:

You can find this stuff out in like 5 minutes of googling... Unless we're all playing some sort of alien beings, their vitamin system is just dead wrong.

Deficiencies of Vitamin C and B are possible... but you'd never get deficient on those in this game because you have to eat in between axe swings so you don't starve to death on your front lawn.

😂😂😂 very true 

And, the vitamin system is just a pain in the ass. You forgot that part.

I'm putting the foods in slots 5,6,7,8 of the hot bar, which uses almost half the slots. This is just way too cumbersome a game mechanic.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, wildbill said:

And, the vitamin system is just a pain in the ass. You forgot that part.

I'm putting the foods in slots 5,6,7,8 of the hot bar, which uses almost half the slots. This is just way too cumbersome a game mechanic.

I put mine in the exact same slots.  Just go down the line 5, 6, 7, 8. Then 5,7 when needed.  Its ridiculous!!!  Cant mention the times i've died because I was full yet vitamins are completely depleted so I cannot eat anymore.  Absolute terrible oversight on the part of the devs to implement this.

Yes I agree this needs to be removed or at the very least overhauled? Low on vitamins but have a full stomach then die from eating too much because you were trying to increase your vitamin levels.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Vitamins were very legit concerns for sea fairing folks!

They were able to preserve food or took food with a long shelf life. Not food that expired in 5 minutes.

Also the Vitamin D requiring fish is wrong (unless you're in a climate with 0 sun or underground 100% of the time).

The only thing that would be realistic is deficiencies of B and C, and maybe D in the arctic. Even then, it should be waaaay harder to be deficient. Like the time it would take to starve 3 times, consuming 0 of the vitamin. Getting B or C toxicity is also wrong in terms of the delivery method of those vitamins in this game.

The vitamins dont need to be removed  they should change what they are but keep the mechanics the same just tone them down some. If they got rid of it totally there would be no reason to A:farm B:Cook C:Trade. Having a capable cook with the resources to actually make meals is super helpful. Being able to trade for resources in ports (player owned or NPC) is a big part of what they want and creates more stuff for people to do considering everyone likes different aspects to their survival games. I dont think removing the vitamins is the answer just needs to be balanced which will come in time its early access still. 

• Like 1