Sign in to follow this  
PhoenixRising

Claim Flag Resolution

So I know there's a lot of these, but here's yet another one. 

Some of these points have been touched on here, in generic, Reddit, etc. And while obviously not play tested, I believe worth looking into for a trial run for a clean wipe phase.

1. 1 claim per player. There doesn't need to be more than that given the surface area allotted. Not to hinder solo players (which I am currently), but map space is finite and definitely limited as is.

2. Company claims are based off company size. Each company member's 1 claim, becomes part of the company pool. If you're in a company, you're personal claim becomes a company claim useable by the company owner, and that's how companies expand. Larger companies, more ground coverage. (This will need to be balanced, eventually capping out or allowing x players = x flags, eg, every 5 members past the first three gets another flag). If you leave a company, the company loses said flag from pool and must remove a claim to bring itself into compliance.

3. All objects in a claim subject to decay. Personal claims cost less in maintenance than companies, but scaled to a point where say a week after no maintenance, the building self destructs.

4. Claims boost encompassed resource respawn speeds slightly, while foundations null resource nodes within say 3m-5m.

4. Any buildings outside of a claim start a 7 day timer. When said timer expires, ALL land based buildings outside of a claim owned by x player/company decay simultaneously. Keeps lawless/Freeport/non-claim clutter in check.

5. Claim flags will be upgradeable in tiers, using more and more hard to come by resources. Upgrades expand on build limit and surface area, and claim strength.

6. Claim strength will be used for close proximity claims. An overlapping area will be absorbed by a higher tier claim. The overlapping surface area will enter a contested state, giving the lower tier claim an opportunity to upgrade their claim, or clear out items/buildings in the contested zone before lost to higher level claim.

I'd like to hear constructive thoughts on my ideas. Any edits based off deliberation will be noted below.

**future edits**