Sign in to follow this  
Deadbeat91

Skill system re-work

Skill system needs work  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Vote what you would like to see.

• New - way to expensive and hard for small groups.
    • Old - way to easy and not balanced.
    • Suggestion - More balanced and should act as a decent middle ground.

Firstly I do somewhat like the change but believe it is a bit drastic.

My suggestion is to keep it similar to this where it does limit a player to an extent but not a game braking extent.

1. Unlock all trees by default - This will allow people to spec correctly with out taking pointless crap just to spec pvp skills.
  2. Have a simple chain for building so you can go Thatch/Wood/Stone not spend 20 points to get stone.
  3. Make all 8 point skills cost 4

The above should still limit players to an extent but not a game breaking extent.

This will allow solos - quads to work efficently and also big groups too.

Also add a 4 hour skill reset because once we hit max level no respec avaliable ?

Yes please, the current skill system is a ridiculous bloated abomination and the latest patch made it even worse.

• Like 1

I would like to see all skill trees automatically open, more so because as a new player I have no idea what some of them do. It would be nice for new players to be able to see what they'd like to spec into ahead of time. Having them behind an unlock wall is just wasting precious points in my opinion. I have to put a point in it, then another point just to actually get said item. 

I'd love to honestly see it cleaned up a bit and organized better. Right now with all the arrows this way and that it's just a jumbled up mess. Instead of having to have so much of this to unlock this seemingly unrelated item (fist fighting to unlock beastmastery?????) have them more linear with linked skills requiring one before the other. Put them in straight easy to understand rows and adjust costs as needed. 

I feel the previous point value was far too low and this one is far too harsh. With some actual adjustment and reorganization I think we could get to a happier middle ground. 

I also agree some sort of respec after 51 is needed. once a day wouldn't be too bad or 12 hours or something so it isn't abused. 

Edited by Akeema