Sign in to follow this  
Paxus

Suggestion: PVE with optional PVP

I think that a lot of folks that are on pve servers would like the opportunity to pvp but do not want to have to worry about it 247. I have played on both pve and pvp in a small company with really only 2 of us playing. pve is fun but it gets pretty stale once you are built up, pvp is definitely more exciting but having your boats wiped, a lot of the time when you are not playing, on a regular basis gets old. Why not have a few zones in pve either converted from current or some how added where it is pvp, maybe 1 land mass that has a king of the hill type set up that has a treasure with good rewards that folks can fight over. No building in the zone. I really think this could go a long way to giving folks the ability to pvp if they choose to. I guess server stability would be the only issue with this if it was popular. 

12 minutes ago, Paxus said:

I think that a lot of folks that are on pve servers would like the opportunity to pvp but do not want to have to worry about it 247. I have played on both pve and pvp in a small company with really only 2 of us playing. pve is fun but it gets pretty stale once you are built up, pvp is definitely more exciting but having your boats wiped, a lot of the time when you are not playing, on a regular basis gets old. Why not have a few zones in pve either converted from current or some how added where it is pvp, maybe 1 land mass that has a king of the hill type set up that has a treasure with good rewards that folks can fight over. No building in the zone. I really think this could go a long way to giving folks the ability to pvp if they choose to. I guess server stability would be the only issue with this if it was popular. 

A lot of people don't PvP because they don't like to PvP. By denying a zone and possible loot you are making it so people that won't PvP will feel left out.

They could put the same effort of making a new zone that would be PvP into making a new zone that is content for PvE and the PvE people and PvP people would get something from it.

~Lotus

I would have to disagree. Almost any game that comes out today is usually mostly pve with some sort of pvp component. I rarely see more than 5-10 people in a zone on the pve servers atm  and there is no shortage of islands to go find resoures/loot on. There are already many many pve aspects to the game, the last mega patch was basically all pve oriented with the cave etc. Make the rewards for this hypothetical pvp zone equal to what you can get via pve means. Variety is not a bad thing. 

1 minute ago, Paxus said:

I would have to disagree. Almost any game that comes out today is usually mostly pve with some sort of pvp component. I rarely see more than 5-10 people in a zone on the pve servers atm  and there is no shortage of islands to go find resoures/loot on. There are already many many pve aspects to the game, the last mega patch was basically all pve oriented with the cave etc. Make the rewards for this hypothetical pvp zone equal to what you can get via pve means. Variety is not a bad thing. 

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The game is balanced around PvP right now and that is why the PvE side suffers so much. You do the cave and get 2x harvesting which is a good skill for PvE and PvP. They added the turtle which has no good PvE uses. They added the Camelphant which has no good PvE uses. They added a harpoon gun which might be good for PvE for claiming crew? Pretty sure it's a PvP weapon. The crossbow is a good PvE weapon then they nerfed it XD. The Torpedo's are not something I would use in PvE. The cargo stuff is both PvE and PvP. The instant equip is something I imagine for tping to a bed and getting that carbine on as fast as possible to stop people from attacking you. The new islands are kinda crap but are also PvP and PvE.

So when I see the mega update I see the dungeon which is cool but not super rewarding for PvE and the crossbow.

~Lotus