Sign in to follow this  
sydred

new skill system

1 minute ago, KimRSQ said:

man ARK was not MMO. this is a first try to make MMO from this devs. seems they even dont know how mmo should looks .

Never said ARK was not an MMO. It’s not like they’re failing making an MMO. They’re failing to make a game everyone likes, which is pretty hard to do. 

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Alright from comments I can understand that people have had other thoughts about this certain MMO’s than others. Hopefully the devs will also think about your certain playstyle, but I don’t know if they will do. 

this is a crafting system, they need to add it to the specialization of the tank. mdd and rdd

There's supposed to be an ingame economy... currently though I'm not sure how thats going to be a thing tbh. 

But it's supposed to be there, so hopefully, maybe, eventually you'll be able to trade for the things you can't make yourself

1 minute ago, Zoin said:

There's supposed to be an ingame economy... currently though I'm not sure how thats going to be a thing tbh. 

But it's supposed to be there, so hopefully, maybe, eventually you'll be able to trade for the things you can't make yourself

things is one thing, skill damage is another

1 minute ago, sydred said:

things is one thing, skill damage is another

Of course, but there also need to be an incentive for teamwork and specilization, otherwise everything is going to end up bland and boring, and then you end up a with a non-functional economy as well if everyone can do everything.

51 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Percieval,

I fully understand your defence that his is an MMO game, however even personally I'd like my own house/base/area and sustain myself then go looking for groups when I want to do PVE content. I understand this is an MMO but in an MMO you can still do 'solo' content without any handicap.

I work a 9-5 in retail, when I come home I don't want to have to deal with more people, I'm sick of people and being social. And most of my friends aren't into these sorta games (Ark/Atlas/Survival) so these are my wind-down, chill and enjoy my free time game without any competitive aspect. I have over 1000 hours on Ark so its not like I only sink a few hours into them. Don't get me wrong I'll happily talk in the chat box in global, but it being a requirement to get any progress is just work, not enjoyment.

Personally being forced into groups to enjoy just building, surviving and 'getting better' then I would fear I would quit. I don't like asking people for stuff, I don't like hassling people. I like to do something myself for myself. But the current skill system means you have to bother 3+ people just to get a new set of gear if you lose yours.

I can imagine there is many people like myself who just like to play the hermit and keep themselves to themselves. But don't get me wrong, once I have a base I will be out there looking for allies to do "raids" etc, just like an MMO would.

Edited by Bradley1928
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bradley1928 said:

Percieval,

I fully understand your defence that his is an MMO game, however even personally I'd like my own house/base/area and sustain myself then go looking for groups when I want to do PVE content. I understand this is an MMO but in an MMO you can still do 'solo' content without any handicap.

I work a 9-5 in retail, when I come home I don't want to have to deal with more people, I'm sick of people and being social. And most of my friends aren't into these sorta games (Ark/Atlas/Survival) so these are my wind-down, chill and enjoy my free time game without any competitive aspect. I have over 1000 hours on Ark so its not like I only sink a few hours into them. Don't get me wrong I'll happily talk in the chat box in global, but it being a requirement to get any progress is just work, not enjoyment.

Personally being forced into groups to enjoy just building, surviving and 'getting better' then I would fear I would quit. I don't like asking people for stuff, I don't like hassling people. I like to do something myself for myself. But the current skill system means you have to bother 3+ people just to get a new set of gear if you lose yours.

I can imagine there is many people like myself who just like to play the hermit and keep themselves to themselves. But don't get me wrong, once I have a base I will be out there looking for allies to do "raids" etc, just like an MMO would.

Yes ofcourse. I understand people’s concern but this game is mostly made for large groups and they invented the ‘governmentship’ so solo players can have place for their own on other people’s island. But that’s something everyone has to work towards, at this moment I’m playing official PVP but after a while I’ll move over to private servers and I’m sure they’re more solo-friendly there. 

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yes ofcourse. I understand people’s concern but this game is mostly made for large groups and they invented the ‘governmentship’ so solo players can have place for their own on other people’s island. But that’s something everyone has to work towards, at this moment I’m playing official PVP but after a while I’ll move over to private servers and I’m sure they’re more solo-friendly there. 

I just hope they do think of the solo players more, group play and solo play are probably equal in-regards to playbase, they'd be bottlenecking themselves hard by cutting off solo play.

I've considered private but the risk of the server one day being chopped, less community for trading and social events, owners getting bored and adding crazy mods etc... Its all too risky for me. I've tried it on Ark and it never ends well.