psykikk

rework the claim system and then wipe it already

its early access. people expect it anways. 

oh while you are at it: rework the claim system

1 claim per person / company.
companies can set up more claims IF certain conditions are met:

- amount of active members. 1-10 = 1 claim. 11-25 = 2 26 - 50 =3
- claims need maintenance. meaning ressources (wood, fibre and thatch) as upkeep. if upkeep is not put in, it starts decaying. if others harvest your area, taxes are directly paid into upkeep. 
owners can set their own tax rate (in %)
- to place additional claims (for companies), existing claims need to be maintained. if older claims are not maintained, no new claims can be set up.

- if people want to set new claims, old claims are DELETED. not the strcutures, but the claim itself. old structures (shipyards, etc) become neutral and can be claimed-. they decay rapidly though

- claims not maintained start decaying. after 3 days without maintenance. they VANISH. 

- claims can be upgraded to cover larger areas. BUT this increases the needed upkeep (of course it does) 

- players in companies can only place one personal claim and it cannot be upgraded. 

- personal claims cannot be taxed. 

• Like 1

3 days is too short for claims 7 days should be the norm people do have holidays 

12 minutes ago, UDO said:

3 days is too short for claims 7 days should be the norm people do have holidays 

paying upkeep ( and depositing it upfront) should increase decay timer.

that way if you know you gonna be gone you can stock up and be safe. 

Then someone comes by, drops a flag next to yours while you're sleeping and it's gone in 30 minutes. GG 

not in the system I propose. 

if upkeep is paid, it wont decay and cannot be contested. 

oh. I forgot to add that part. 

I like what you're trying to do here, and the claim system needs to be reworked for sure, but I think this suggestion is too elaborate and will add too much tedium. "Constant maintenance" is not a pretty phrase.  The solution could be far more simple.  Claims decay without structures in their vicinity, limit claims to something per player+per island, add a cooldown timer to claiming. Wipe all claims without any surrounding structures to finalize the changes.  There still could be issues with people having more than the new set limit of claims within the range of structures, but instead of wiping those, they could be put on a decay timer to eventually be removed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Widgit said:

I like what you're trying to do here, and the claim system needs to be reworked for sure, but I think this suggestion is too elaborate and will add too much tedium. "Constant maintenance" is not a pretty phrase.  The solution could be far more simple.  Claims decay without structures in their vicinity, limit claims to something per player+per island, add a cooldown timer to claiming. Wipe all claims without any surrounding structures to finalize the changes.  There still could be issues with people having more than the new set limit of claims within the range of structures, but instead of wiping those, they could be put on a decay timer to eventually be removed.

upkeep sounds harsher than it is. 

the amounts needed are trivial compared to larger ships and such. YET I do think that if you claim an area you need to work for it to keep it. 

but I like the idea to make it even simpler. totally fine with that. as long as what we currently have is not in the game anymore. 

• Like 1

The first Thing the should do is 1 Claim per Player! If you have more Players in Company you can claim more.

And the Claims should be smaler and a square.