krazmuze

Vitamins buff if balanced, why not nerf (not kill) if unbalanced

In upcoming patchnotes there is an Equilibrium Buff which I presume is for vitamins, but I have never been able to keep them in the middle for required hour (new patch cuts time in half)  despite eating balanced meals as I would kill myself with overeating - much quicker to just drown myself and respawn.  

So instead of vitamins killing you  just increasingly reverse this buff when out of Equilibrium.   Chasing a continuum of  +/-20XP, +/-30 fort, +/-10 speed, +/-20 dmg seems like a buff/nerf worth managing rather than drowning respawn to rebalance vitamins.

Having it do buff/nerf rather than outright killing you seems much easier to balance the gameplay mechanic in the future rather than having to deal with conflicting vitamin/food rates that are changed by different perk builds.

I actually found it fairly easy to keep vitamins balanced between not sprinting everywhere and eating the right amount of basic foods without cooking. I haven't had a chance to cook (mainly because we cant get water on our island) cooked meat and fish give you 5 in there vitamins and then green and orange give 1 so for every time you eat have proper portions and it seems fine to me I've stayed alive for days like that. I dunno how hard it is later with meals yet. But maybe that'll help I dunno.