Sign in to follow this  
LordTulkus

Freeport = Complete waste of time. GIve us better options

Second time!

I spend 3-4 hours in lag to get the resources for 1 Raft, 2 boxes, a bed.   Build all that and log off to sleep/live

Next day log on and my raft has decayed.....  BULLSHIT BULLSHIT

Here is how you fix your shit Wildcard

Have new characters spawn on a Raft out at sea (as if they were kicked off a boat)
Raft has a bed, a Box with dried food for a few hours of play, a barrel of water. Food and Water are only usable by under lvl 4 characters.

No lag because its just the open sea.

They then head off to find an island.

The Raft stays for 36 RL hours unless repaired (you have to get to an Island to get wood to repair)

As it is I dont want to play this shit and I have 3k hours of Ark experience.   I dont want to waste my time with this Freeport shit.  Its a waste of Ocean space and players time. 

"Give me everything to get started because I don't want to deal with what everyone else is dealing with"

If you don't like the Freeports, start in Lawless or feel free to make a server of your own and tailor it to your wishes.

Edited by Teach

If you're worried about progression I hate to break it to ya, there will most likely be a (at least one) wipe before release so really it's all a waste of time. 3k hours in ARK though so you should probably expect as much.

Nari

In Ark you die a shit ton starting out but you are gaining levels and can build storage so you dont lose everything.

Yes wipes happen a lot.  I had 2 full late game bases wiped because of the cheater Chinese.  But the game was fun and you progressed.

In Atlas you cant level past 8 unless you get off the starter island and you cant do that in under 8 hours of play because of lag and resources.
So I cant advance and I cant save mats for later.   It was a VERY bad design for starting out.

My first raft I was out at sea when I logged off so I was no where near the starter Freeport.