Sign in to follow this  
reapo

Promote Online Raiding - PvP Leader board!

I mentioned this in a different thread of mine about the need for offline raid protection in a game where base/ship building is a huge resource sink. I started thinking of ways to make offline raiding seem less appealing. So a PvP leaderboard is what comes to mind, with raiding as its core foundation. Can be called something more pirate official like Notoriety or something, idk.

But the gist of the idea that if players online raid a company, that raid will have point values assigned to different parts of the raid, such as breaking structures, killing NPCs players and tames, ultimately, with the highest point value being taking down the territory flag. The point value of a territory claim scales up depending on the amount of time it has existed to promote that players raid bases that are older, over younger bases.

There can be a lot of benefits for striving to be the best on the leader board. The most common could be getting cosmetic items for your weapons, armor, ships, etc. Maybe even allowing the top 50 companies to obtain an epic quest to get phat loots that is really dangerous and difficult that could span several islands and unique battles on both land and sea.

Ultimately, I think the devs need to keep the idea of promoting online raiding in some way. Offline raiding is just going to kill the PvP community and if there is nothing to downplay the idea of offline raiding they are gonna switch to servers with rulesets in place that prevents it.