boomervoncannon

Ingame music volume level

So this is a complaint about Atlas, but it's also really a complaint about practically every game. Ever notice how if you turn the default volume levels down to say 20 or 30 percent for voice or ambient or sfx or whatever, you get a volume level that is hearable but not intrusive or overwhelming, but if you want this same basic thing out of game music, you have to turn it down to about 2 percent? Its true of Ark, it was true of SWTOR and EVE and CIV 5 and 6 and The Repopulation, and heck just about every online game I can think of going back to City of Heroes in 2004 when I started playing online.

What up with that?

Some people just prefer very loud music, for more immersion. I'd rather have a game too loud that I can turn down than a game that's too low that I can't turn any higher.

1 minute ago, CtrlSaltDel said:

Some people just prefer very loud music, for more immersion. I'd rather have a game too loud that I can turn down than a game that's too low that I can't turn any higher.

I would agree with that, I'd also like the music too loud so I can turn it down. 

I would say I'm just old, but it bugged me in 04, and I think I was like 29 then, so yeah....

Guess I'm in the minority on this one, and it's not like a big thing, just one of those minor things I find puzzling.