Bisbois

Currently Known Tames

The wiki was recently updated to include this table. Keep this bookmarked: https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Taming.

For earthworms - Use the shovel to dig ground that would contain water. You will get earthworms every now and then. This is also a great source of salt for preserving your food.

For Honey - Break beehives OR when you kill a bee WATCH CLOSELY for where their body goes. Their corpses are invisible but you CAN harvest them with a chance to yield honey. I use an axe and get honey from harvesting dead bees. This can be used to tame bears.

For aggressive tames - Build a small square trap with fence posts. Place windows around it and a single door using the fence posts as a snap. Press T while placing a wall to toggle between wall/window/doorframe. You can also place a gate on one side to kite the animal through so you can close the gate behind them or once they are bola'd. Stacking floors can also be used as stairs so you don't have to close a gate. Aggro the animal and lure it into your trap - run out the door and shut it behind you. Shoot through the windows until the animal is able to be bola'd (~10% hp). Feed the bola'd animal by placing the desired food on your action bar on the 0 slot and then pressing E on the animal while out of range of its attacks. Repeat until the bola is about to break and then shoot and bola again.

Any other helpful tips are welcome.

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 1.19.17 PM.png

• Like 2

Thanks but many of us can't figure out how to tame at all. Oh and I cant believe noone has gotten a crocodile. Meta I suppose?

Tried a croc and got an error message saying it's too heavy to tame. So maybe later they'll give us larger bolas.

to tame build a cage that you can trap them then shoot it down to 20% and boolas the animal feed it and do it all over from dmg it to 20% when wake up

Some additional info I found through testing on my own server:

Bears gather fiber VERY well.

Elephants can gather wood and carry a good amount of it. The attack is a very wide conal so can hit many trees at once.

Parrots give you insulation when they are on your shoulder.

• Like 1