Sign in to follow this  
lordkhan4444

Q and A

If you thought they had promised a AMA style Q&A let me save you some time - they certainly did not go thru the official q&a forum thread and checklist answer every question.    They had no intent to do that, it is communication as usual glean what you can from discord, twitter and future captains logs.

The  intro Q&A stream was followed by their usual megapatch content dump, followed by some very selective chat questions.

They answered five 'questions' most of which you could already guess what the answer was

Here is my take on their answers, but if you can also read their answers in the official captains log and skip that part of the video.

Xbox when? when they are ready to announce they will....

- is this not a realistic pirate game?   

- does it not have lore? 

no it is pirate fantasy with  'tek' but it has its own lore so it makes it entirely different than Ark although that lore reveal will happen the same way that it did in Ark with mega content drops.  Like the next megaupdate one you can harpoon boats so that makes it more piratey (or just torpedo them which is more 'lore' and not at all pirates). 

- OK can you at least give us the wiped pirate hats you promised?   

well they have a bunch of new content to get out first and that would require a database crawl to figure out who deserves it and they did not schedule that activity yet.  (In case you think I am being flippant then please watch the video that is indeed the excuse given)

- Will next megaupdate wipe?

NO, but they as before will wipe whenever game changing is needed because this is early access.  But hey do not worry if that happens maybe they will do another cosmetic item reward for surviving pre1.0 wipes!

bonus end chat Q&A is worth watching because that was not documented in captains log.  Here is what I recall.

WTF is with all the tames they are not piratey? they let people get more stuff so pirates have more to gank (yes they said this do you think I am just sarcastically making this up?).  SO they will be doing more tames and easier breeding and a TLC update but this is not Ark so only dozens not hundreds of tames.

WTF we want more ship types?   Hey you get cosmetic figure heads and wheels and pirate armor and paint jobs so every ship can look different.  But they will consider a QOL pass for sails possibly at some point to fix the speed sail meta.

Edited by krazmuze
  • Like 1