Sign in to follow this  
ArkSeyonet

Stop Claiming From Giving Ownership of Everything In The Zone

If someone claims an area, they should then have to claim the structures in the area as well afterwards. Heading to another zone and being against the wind and then having someone claim your spot with no notification and upon coming back all of the things that you built automatically belong to them as well is not okay. Essentially the moment that you log off, someone can own all of the stuff that you built and have access to all of your stuff by the time you come back online, including your shipyards and houses, meaning if you go to sleep you will wake up while everything is still their but it belongs to them now.

I disagree to some point.

Take reality, if you own the terrain and there is no enemy around - you own everything - you can use it to all your needs.

The big idea to prevent it, is to fight for your terrain on pvp servers.

The change should be, they can't claim it to fully extend as long you are in your terrain to fight for it.

To have to claim every single part, it would destroy the gameplay.

Edited by Firedragon

Yes, but the doors are not magically pin-code removed and unlocked in reality so that part of it does not make sense, even if they were to claim the land. If the doors of buildings and boxes didn't automatically lose their pin-codes or locks, then I would not have a problem with the system.

If they want it that way though, they need to make it notify you that your land is being contested EVEN when you are in a different part of the grid. Otherwise, what is the point of ever leaving and pirating? Because currently, if you aren't in the zone of your claimed land, you get no notification of anything.

So they could use the current system and just alter a few things and it would be fine also. If they take it over they shouldn't magically bypass locks, because that doesn't make sense at all, and you should be notified no matter where you are. Just like the "Leave a message for X company" should message them wherever they are in the game.

Pin-Code always worked for us so far and it's the second raid we did...

It's not magic to bypass it like we did, we just removed a part of the wall or broke down the door.

(We are a 60+ players company, even a 10.000 door/wall is gone in a few minutes)

I joined a company that hit me with a claim while I was not in the zone (I'm a solo player, so I wasn't really anything) and the moment their claim finished all of my doors were unlocked and my boxes were unlocked with the pin codes removed. I wasn't mad at them by any means it's a pvp game, so we just sat and talked about it learning about the game. And we hit another base with a claim, and same thing. The moment the claim finished, all of their property had the pin codes removed and we had full access to everything.

So it may be meant that it does not unlock the doors etc but there are times that it does.

Edited by ArkSeyonet