Captain Jack Shadow

Devs, disappearing animals when transitioning to new grid.

So, I have had 2 high level crows, a monkey, and a high level bear disappear off our ships when transitioning.  Is there a fix for this on the horizon?  Any fix is better than no fix, because taming some of these animals takes effort, which is fine.  Losing them in such a manner is not acceptable.

Why not some type of structures that upload the stats of an animal, like with ARK?  Like a cage.  You put the animal, or bird, etc.. in a suitable cage, and doing so uploads its stats, and then downloads it when you open the cage.  In fact, make it a crate that you can't see inside of.  Closing the crate uploads the animals, and opening it downloads it.

• Like 1

I was wondering if they could do something like cryopods, but theme-appropriate. Recycling the functionality using cages sounds like a good idea.

EDIT: And ofc I wish they would stop crew and tames from disappearing when disembarking on Linux servers 😞

Edited by Andargor

Yeah, the cryopod example would be good...just turn it into a crate.  In fact, you could retain much of the functionality of the cryopod.  I mean, this game does have meany fantasy elements already.  So why not cryopods?  I'm just sick of losing tames on a ship, just because I took them on a ship...on a game that's all about ships.