Foxy

Land claiming

My friends and I were playing the game. It was actually really fun. We sailed for a total of probably 9 hours and cannot find a place to claim. The claim of other companies is ridiculous. We went to at least 12 islands and couldn't claim something to make a bigger boat than a raft because one company owns the whole thing. I understand having more than one flag, but these people have 15+ and it is impossible for players that didn't get an island early to start. All I ask is to maybe make other companies not be able to claim with 15+ flags. Maybe even add future servers for small companies. I know this is early access, but at least make it so we can play with 3-4 people. 

Honestly, it's not very hard to take over a spot on peoples islands.  and now with the current update. it only takes 30mins....

6 hours ago, maze said:

Honestly, it's not very hard to take over a spot on peoples islands.  and now with the current update. it only takes 30mins....

The problem is if the company that owns that island is huge, he'll go to sleep and get wiped off the island by the time he wakes up. 

My company just found an island that was claimed by people that haven't played in awhile, we just claimed all of it for ourselves. Just keep looking. Also some of the islands aren't actually claimed, it's just the mega companies claiming a bunch of islands. I'm for a company only being able to claim one island , and they can't claim anything else, because I'm actually a fan of not having unallied tribes building right in your backyard. 

5 minutes ago, Chimera said:

The problem is if the company that owns that island is huge, he'll go to sleep and get wiped off the island by the time he wakes up. 

My company just found an island that was claimed by people that haven't played in awhile, we just claimed all of it for ourselves. Just keep looking. Also some of the islands aren't actually claimed, it's just the mega companies claiming a bunch of islands. I'm for a company only being able to claim one island , and they can't claim anything else, because I'm actually a fan of not having unallied tribes building right in your backyard. 

If that place is tundra its not that the people have magically vanished or not playing... Its that they have gone to get fiber from another zone and they are in transit...  Typically smaller groups are in the Tundra because there desperate for a place, I know because I am one of those...  And every time I head out for more fiber my place gets trashed while I am gone!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

If that place is tundra its not that the people have magically vanished or not playing... Its that they have gone to get fiber from another zone and they are in transit...  Typically smaller groups are in the Tundra because there desperate for a place, I know because I am one of those...  And every time I head out for more fiber my place gets trashed while I am gone!

Nope! Not tundra at all! We got a prime spot, with only a little harassment so far. I couldn't imagine living out in the tundra, sounds like a nightmare. 

It's PvP, if you dont want to know you can lose everything anytime you log off, it's not the right server for you, seriously.

You have to go into it like Eve, aware that stuff can be replaced and can be lost at anytime.

2 hours ago, archaegeo said:

It's PvP, if you dont want to know you can lose everything anytime you log off, it's not the right server for you, seriously.

You have to go into it like Eve, aware that stuff can be replaced and can be lost at anytime.

There's a saying in Eve don't risk what you can't afford to replace...  sadly You can't not risk anything in Atlas because there is no safe location...  Park in free port your ship is deleted...  etc etc

3 hours ago, archaegeo said:

How is it PvP when they don't Player vs Player and instead Player vs Timer (AKA Environment). 

What you're defending is a shoddy PvE mechanic that griefers use. Losing stuff because you lost a raid is one thing. Losing everything because you're human and you have to sleep and you get 20 people from across the globe claiming something in under 30 minutes with no contest is a whole nother thing. 

• Like 1

If you are solo, then thats the risk you take, the game is designed around companies and alliances, not the solo player.  Make a friend or join a company, then you have folks who watch your claims.

I agree this needs to be fixed... they've made it so if you dont have people online 24/7 you're F&%#ed.  Unlike Ark you cant even protect yourself with turrets.  Good job in making the game unplayable for people who have jobs/life outside of a game.

38 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

You can protect yourself with AI's who use the bases weapons (mortars, etc) and will attack intruders

with what money!  68 hours into the game and I have never even seen currency yet....

2 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

You have to find the treasure maps in bottles floating about.

I have allies with 100+ members and they've yet to see any.  Think again...