reyfor11

let us steal boats faster. its a pirates game.

would be more fun if we could take boats from people faster.

the only reason why people get mad by losing their boat is cause they have to get the mats all over again, build a port, then the boat, etc.

but if we could play like pirates and steal any boat (not instantely, but not 20 hours later) people wouldnt be as mad.

let us place npcs that protect your boat like turrets in ark, but not with that damn auto aim that kills you in one sec and need giant dinosaurs to tank. just a good ai that fights you in hard difficulty and protects your ship, if someone manages to kill them then they could take that ship after waiting an hour (for example), make it so hard that you need pistols or something to raid the boat.

its not like pirates built their own boats everytime they got rektd lol. if you find another ones boat in the middle of the ocean and raid it, (online or offline) would be fun to take it or salvage it like in "Sid miers pirates"

put npc ships on the ocean like navys from spain, etc like in real life that hunts you and you gotta protect from them, being able to loot their boat and take it too.

make it had to get a boat, but not with a 20 hour countdown, be creative.

• Like 1

Just now, reyfor11 said:

the only reason why people get mad by losing their boat is cause they have to get the mats all over again, build a port, then the boat, etc.

but if we could play like pirates and steal any boat (not instantely, but not 20 hours later) people wouldnt be as mad.

let us place npcs that protect your boat like turrets in ark, but not with that damn auto aim that kills you in one sec and need giant dinosaurs to tank. just a good ai that fights you in hard difficulty and protects your ship, if someone manages to kill them then they could take that ship after waiting an hour (for example), make it so hard that you need pistols or something to raid the boat.

its not like pirates built their own boats everytime they got rektd lol. if you find another ones boat in the middle of the ocean and raid it, (online or offline) would be fun to take it or salvage it like in "Sid miers pirates"

put npc ships on the ocean like navys from spain, etc like in real life that hunts you and you gotta protect from them, being able to loot their boat and take it too.

You should be able to steal meaningful boats fast....

Galleon 45 minutes

Brigantine 1H 30 minutes (You get the pattern hear!  If your a big group someone should be online to fight)

Schooner 3 Hours (This ship is the first one that requires a group effort or one really crazy solo person, hence there should be plenty more people to defend it)

Sloop 8 hours (This is the 2-3 Man ship little less time cause maybe one of the two will be around to react)

Raft 16 hours (Need a long Timer on this because this is the ship that Solo's will be using and if there asleep they need time to react)

Dingy always steal able

5 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

You should be able to steal meaningful boats fast....

Galleon 45 minutes

Brigantine 1H 30 minutes (You get the pattern hear!  If your a big group someone should be online to fight)

Schooner 3 Hours (This ship is the first one that requires a group effort or one really crazy solo person, hence there should be plenty more people to defend it)

Sloop 8 hours (This is the 2-3 Man ship little less time cause maybe one of the two will be around to react)

Raft 16 hours (Need a long Timer on this because this is the ship that Solo's will be using and if there asleep they need time to react)

Dingy always steal able

there are countless rafts all over to steal one if they needed one, you can also get one easy on freeports, and are not hard to make.

same with sloops, it shouldnt take 8 hours for it. just dont leave it on the beach like a newbie, thats how it is on ark too.

if you dont wanna lose your boat hide it, defend it with different time zones members, npcs, etc.

and if you do lose it then try and steal another one, or build a new one.

i mean, stealing is the least of the problems, any group bigger than 20 can sunk your ship by just standing there, or zergs destroying it with grenades, or alphas with whatever they use. just like ark.

if you give people the change to steal anything, then it wouldnt matter as much if someone steals or wipes it

Just now, reyfor11 said:

there are countless rafts all over to steal one if they needed one, you can also get one easy on freeports, and are not hard to make.

same with sloops, it shouldnt take 8 hours for it. just dont leave it on the beach like a newbie, thats how it is on ark too.

if you dont wanna lose your boat hide it, defend it with different time zones members, npcs, etc.

and if you do lose it then try and steal another one, or build a new one.

i mean, stealing is the least of the problems, any group bigger than 20 can sunk your ship by just standing there, or zergs destroying it with grenades, or alphas with whatever they use. just like ark.

if you give people the change to steal anything, then it wouldnt matter as much if someone steals or wipes it

Those countless rafts are not the individuals raft where his stuff he is working on is stored because he is a Solo player without a home...  And he doesn't have the Pirate skill to just go steal one nor the desire to have someone else end up in the same position he is in because someone thought it fun to take away his work....

If you want to PvP then target those who are also PvPing....  You want to steal a ship then steal a ship worth stealing...  Targeting somebodys random raft is more akin to griefing!

Any group larger then 20 should be in a brig or a galleon and if they are turning there guns on a raft what does that say about them and there honor???

Am I the only person cringing at the thought of people in rafts getting blown up bye 40 guns barrage from a Galleon???  And why for the lulz of course!

26 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Those countless rafts are not the individuals raft where his stuff he is working on is stored because he is a Solo player without a home...  And he doesn't have the Pirate skill to just go steal one nor the desire to have someone else end up in the same position he is in because someone thought it fun to take away his work....

If you want to PvP then target those who are also PvPing....  You want to steal a ship then steal a ship worth stealing...  Targeting somebodys random raft is more akin to griefing!

Any group larger then 20 should be in a brig or a galleon and if they are turning there guns on a raft what does that say about them and there honor???

Am I the only person cringing at the thought of people in rafts getting blown up bye 40 guns barrage from a Galleon???  And why for the lulz of course!

apart from griefing, id take rafts because im lazy to build another, tho its easy to make one. you can also get one really easy on free ports. rafts arent that worth. theres nothing you can do alone with a raft, should go to a pve server cause you wont be able to fight anyone nor build big ships.

and its not like you cant destroy their raft with 4 guys standing on top of it, so letting noobs to steal raft is fun and makes it easier for someone who starts fresh for the first time or after being wiped.

put a 20 min or 15 min cooldown to steal a raft and thats it. i prefer someone stealing it and using it, than having 4 guys sink it for lolz.

1 minute ago, reyfor11 said:

apart from griefing, id take rafts because im lazy to build another, tho its easy to make one. you can also get one really easy on free ports. rafts arent that worth. theres nothing you can do alone with a raft, should go to a pve server cause you wont be able to fight anyone nor build big ships.

and its not like you cant destroy their raft with 4 guys standing on top of it, so letting noobs to steal raft is fun and makes it easier for someone who starts fresh for the first time or after being wiped.

put a 20 min or 15 min cooldown to steal a raft and thats it. i prefer someone stealing it and using it, than having 4 guys sink it for lolz.

PvE servers feature No death... And No danger...

With No death is no need to buy replacement equipment, with no death the economy doesn't advance!

I am thinking about an MMORPG <--- You understand this term right?  World of Warcraft, Eve, Ultima Online, Guild Wars, etc I could go on....

MMORPG's have = Money!  (Yes there is money in this game However I am level 26 and I am yet to see it)

MMORPG's Have = Professions!  People trade, they buy and sell to each other...

Where are the ship builders selling rafts and sloops etc to the new people????  

Why is it everyone collects the mats and or makes there raft!!!  <---- Thats bad design the people who WANT to make the rafts should be making the rafts and selling to those WHO DONT!

^^^^ Thats an MMORPG

All I see currently is a REALLY big map version of RUST on the water and that is NOT and MMORPG... Thats a mindless grief fest.

I don't think you quite understand How Long people who enjoy the MMORPG Genre have been waiting for a GOOD SANDBOX again....

Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies were MANY YEARS ago....  

And finally any years latter sandbox's are emerging... Like Black Desert Online....  But sadly the genre has forgotten how to make a good sandbox, there has been

so much Themepark crap for so long that it seeps into the cracks and really screws up the recipe!  Black Desert Online is filled with half baked crap that turns it into a game with potential into a game that is very lacking... 

I do have one thing to say I don't see Themepark anything inside of Atlas, I don't much see anything other then DayZ, Rust, in atlas!  And thats not a good thing!  An MMORPG needs a HEALTHY community....  And while the numbers of people who like rust like games are fine on the normal Rust scale thats not going to pay the bills here...

This game needs to find an identity, it needs structure, law and order, a reputation system, it needs something to take it out of its current form of anarchy!  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

PvE servers feature No death... And No danger...

With No death is no need to buy replacement equipment, with no death the economy doesn't advance!

I am thinking about an MMORPG <--- You understand this term right?  World of Warcraft, Eve, Ultima Online, Guild Wars, etc I could go on....

MMORPG's have = Money!  (Yes there is money in this game However I am level 26 and I am yet to see it)

MMORPG's Have = Professions!  People trade, they buy and sell to each other...

Where are the ship builders selling rafts and sloops etc to the new people????  

Why is it everyone collects the mats and or makes there raft!!!  <---- Thats bad design the people who WANT to make the rafts should be making the rafts and selling to those WHO DONT!

^^^^ Thats an MMORPG

All I see currently is a REALLY big map version of RUST on the water and that is NOT and MMORPG... Thats a mindless grief fest.

I don't think you quite understand How Long people who enjoy the MMORPG Genre have been waiting for a GOOD SANDBOX again....

Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies were MANY YEARS ago....  

And finally any years latter sandbox's are emerging... Like Black Desert Online....  But sadly the genre has forgotten how to make a good sandbox, there has been

so much Themepark crap for so long that it seeps into the cracks and really screws up the recipe!  Black Desert Online is filled with half baked crap that turns it into a game with potential into a game that is very lacking... 

I do have one thing to say I don't see Themepark anything inside of Atlas, I don't much see anything other then DayZ, Rust, in atlas!  And thats not a good thing!  An MMORPG needs a HEALTHY community....  And while the numbers of people who like rust like games are fine on the normal Rust scale thats not going to pay the bills here...

This game needs to find an identity, it needs structure, law and order, a reputation system, it needs something to take it out of its current form of anarchy!  

How exactly do you take a boat? We just killed a crew and can’t figure it out 

1 minute ago, Jah4L said:

How exactly do you take a boat? We just killed a crew and can’t figure it out 

put a claim flag on it

4 hours ago, reyfor11 said:

*good AI* .... ah wait ... that was supposed to be a joke , right ?

• Haha 1

I can't say no to this fast enough. 

This is a PvP server, which means there's already a huge company going around claiming every island that they can even though they cannot and won't build on it. They simply destroy everyone's everything because they can. Same way with ships. I'm on the opposite branch, all timers should be 24 hours or more. Why? Because it's a PvP server. If you're going around when people are sleeping stealing or claiming their ship that's just PvE, and the intention isn't to PvP at all. Now add mega companies onto your new timers. That's 20 minutes of griefing a smaller company trying to get started and stealing their boat, so now they don't have a means of transportation, no island, no base, no tames, no nothing. Did the huge company of twenty with a galleon, pistols, and other junk need to attack the four man company that just finished their own group built ship for the first time? No, not at all. So why? Just to grief. 

PvP should be fun, balanced, and not frustrating for both sides. 

Waking up and your ship is gone no matter where you park it? Frustrating, not fun, not balanced. Miss me with those 20 minute timers. 24 hours to give people time to respond, same way with land claims. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chimera said:

I can't say no to this fast enough. 

This is a PvP server, which means there's already a huge company going around claiming every island that they can even though they cannot and won't build on it. They simply destroy everyone's everything because they can. Same way with ships. I'm on the opposite branch, all timers should be 24 hours or more. Why? Because it's a PvP server. If you're going around when people are sleeping stealing or claiming their ship that's just PvE, and the intention isn't to PvP at all. Now add mega companies onto your new timers. That's 20 minutes of griefing a smaller company trying to get started and stealing their boat, so now they don't have a means of transportation, no island, no base, no tames, no nothing. Did the huge company of twenty with a galleon, pistols, and other junk need to attack the four man company that just finished their own group built ship for the first time? No, not at all. So why? Just to grief. 

PvP should be fun, balanced, and not frustrating for both sides. 

Waking up and your ship is gone no matter where you park it? Frustrating, not fun, not balanced. Miss me with those 20 minute timers. 24 hours to give people time to respond, same way with land claims. 

I agree fully with this, as it stands now they reward those who want to kill the community and grief people offline.