TyGeR_STD

Keybinding

Not so much a PTR issue as much as a game design issue.    Unable to edit several of the keyboard keybindings to work with a left handed setup.  Able to make changes to the .INI fine to Frankenstein it together to make a left handed setup usable but not able to do it threw the in game keybinding editor.

Yep, Ark is the same.  Ignorant Devs..

It's due in part to them forcing a console game on the pc market, rather than vica versa.  Those keys are all hardcoded with useless group and camera commands that noone ever uses.

Edited by Martyn

Yes,  and with an hour or two of editing the INI file I can get it fixed enough to play the with out to many issues, but there are some keys that I cant get to work with changing the INI.  Like the moment keys,  I can change them to the arrows but driving the boat will still be on WASD.   I'm no coder or game designer,  but if I can fix 75% of the issues on my end by editing the .INI it seems like it shouldnt be to difficult to do it correctly for the game.

Aye you'd expect, the problem for me is getting a key to accept the Jump command mostly, I can get most of what I need on the keypad with numlock on.  But have to use spacebar to jump.

I use Numberpad 1 for Jump, and Numberpad 0 for Crouch,  I also rebind Numberpad 2-9 for hot keys#2-9.  I had to delete some stuff out of the .INI to get my Jump and Crouch to work,  once I get back home and can start to change it I can let you know what I do if it will help you.  I know there is a line I have to delete because Numberpad 8 is hard coded to open the Atlas.  There are a few other changes to make it all work.