Sign in to follow this  
cpspok

dedicated server how to upgrade

Ok so i have a 1x1 grid with Nitrado and i want to add a 1x1 to it so i would have 2 squares instead of the one we have . How do i add another square ? do i just rent another server then connect them some how or what cause i can not figure out how to do so .

thanks

ok i got it figured out now , this is our map on my server . Even figured out how to customize the map that was actually easy as hell.

cpgams map 12 25.png

16 hours ago, cpspok said:

好吧,我现在想通了,这是我服务器上的地图。甚至想出了如何定制实际上很容易的地图。

cpgams map 12 25.png

how to do it,please tell me!

You need to download the tools .    https://github.com/GrapeshotGames/ServerGridEditor

Step 1 - From your server download server configuration file 

Step 2 - open up the ServerGridEditor

Step 3 - open new project and select the server configuration file you downloaded 

From there you can drag islands all over the map square that your server is if you only have 1x1 server then you use the top left and drag island from the right column to the map you use then when your happy and done save file , then upload back to your server then start your server then your done...... BE WARNED MUST RESTART YOUR SERVER PROGRESS OR IT WILL BE ALL WEIRD ....

@cpspok I did this but my in game map is blank. I uploaded the server config and the islands are there but no map. And when i look on map images in nitrado the mapimg and cellimg are gone for the region I uploaded. So do i need to start my progress completely over and it should be ok? 

yes must be fresh start server when changing maps or it will be wonky

sucks but i had to do it too

57 minutes ago, cpspok said:

yes must be fresh start server when changing maps or it will be wonky

sucks but i had to do it too

Does the game go wonky even if you add a new server/map to an existing setup? I thought it would only go wonky if you edited a used map, am I wrong?

Also, how would you grow your map of servers over time?

Edited by PitMonk

To get the maps to work you must export both maps from the tool and rename them to the correct name 

The Server Grid Editor also lets you export images of the map. These map images will determine the graphics shown in the spawn selection screen and on other in-game maps. There are two types of images: “Cell” images, one for each server in the grid, and one big image that contains the whole map. The cell images need to be named “CellImg_0-0.jpg” (replacing the 0-0 with the respective coordinates in the grid), and the main image needs to be named MapImg.jpg. Both image types can be exported from the server grid editor.

Yes your correct , now that i think about it i did move an island on the 1block / square . But was not discovered or ever been to still screwed entire map up..... in the 1x1 , i have not tried to do the 2nd one yet which is not running on our server yet but i hope that don't mess up the 1st square.

i use Nitrado when you goto rent server like follow there site like your renting a game server then select Atlas ( extension ) once they set it up then you can configure to link it

I tried setting up a server a couple of days ago, but failed. Also, with the frequency of updates pouring out, I thought I would leave it until things settled down. I'm just getting back to it now.

I'm wanting to setup 3 zones/maps in a row to use as a bug finding test server for a closed group of about 20 people.  I have 4 Windows servers ready to roll.

I see many comments from users saying they got their server working. Has anyone posted a more comprehensive / tested method in the last couple of days? or do I need to go through the original instructions posted by JATHEISH more closely?

Also, how troublesome has it been to update the servers with the frequent updates?

Merry Christmas Everyone 🙂

Does anyone happen to know how to change your server name properly on nitrado? I changed it in the server name section but it didn't work.